VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu At Finance

Rate this question

jerrbilly

Question

I was informed yesterday that my appeal for TDIU is at finance.

I don't want to get too excited yet because i'm afraid it might get deferred back again but I guess I shouldn't fret too much since it's at finance.

The DAV fellow said that it will have to get two more sigs since the retro is more than 20k. Is this normal procedure?

Also, about how long does it take after claims go to finance? one week? two weeks? more?

Thanks to everyone here. Looks like the waiting is almost over.

Jerr

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Keep an eye on 2 things. The old mailbox and the CHecking account at the bank.

Someting is about to transpire.

look for it this Saturday if not the next one.

J

I sure hope so jbasser. I couldn't come at a better time. Until last year I have never been in serious debt but this year sunk me. I have over 40k in CC debt due to loss of job and some old health bills before I became service connected.

Thanks for the uplifting post,

Jerr

Keep an eye on 2 things. The old mailbox and the CHecking account at the bank.

Someting is about to transpire.

look for it this Saturday if not the next one.

J

• HadIt.com Elder

Shipmate, I Know where you are coming from. I have been there Done that with my 4 year battle.

I hope it all works out for you and I believe it will.

Do you have a VSO who has an office at the RO, If so, give them a shout and ask them too personally chack into it as they are obligated to see the award.

J

Edited by jbasser

My VSO is at the RO. I talked with him today and he said he has to sign off on it tomorrow or monday (closed Friday). He said after he signs off on it he will call me with the details. I really hope he calls me tomorrow.

Every day waiting has become like eternity.

Thanks,

Jerr

Shipmate, I Know where you are coming from. I have been there Done that with my 4 year battle.

I hope it all works out for you and I believe it will.

Do you have a VSO who has an office at the RO, If so, give them a shout and ask them too personally chack into it as they are obligated to see the award.

J

• HadIt.com Elder

100% property exempt is huge. This is great to know if I am able to purchase something down the road. Gotta get all these CCs paid off first. I have 4 CCs and plan on tearing up two of them after I pay them off. One's been killing me. I was only two days late on one payment and they jacked my interest up to 21%.

I called the CC company about getting a payment plan set up and now the have me on what's called a "level pay plan" where the interest is lowered for one year and my payments are the same every month for 12 months.

Thanks for that information. Sorry for going on about my personal finances.

Jerr