VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Poll

Rate this question

Sgt Schmidt

Question

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

How many of you think vets who file for IHD due to AO exposure will be denied because thay smoke.

If they try that it may start a fire storm, in the 60's everyone smoked like a chiminey, except me and I have filed for AO IHD

If they try that it may start a fire storm, in the 60's everyone smoked like a chiminey, except me and I have filed for AO IHD

the reason I say that is because the government feed us smokes in every C-Rat seems now us old guys

were induced to smoke if so inclined..... I saw guys smoke that never smoked after a few mortor rounds and

AK rounds and dead buddies....

Now no smokes in the daily ration... they mayhave a claim with the youngsters of todays military, but I think not.

I bet a group of lawyers are ready to jump on that issue

How many of you think vets who file for IHD due to AO exposure will be denied because thay smoke.

As a presumptive, IHD is caused by AO exposure. Smoking is considered a risk factor and is not in and of itself the cause. Other high risk factors include age, family history, Diabetes Mellitus, Lack of exercise, Obesity, Heavy alcohol consumption, Personality and a multitude of other things. AO exposuse is the cause and risk factors only increase the chance of getting IHD.

I think that in some circles at the VA some of the raters look for any reason to deny a claim .Makes me wonder if they really do get a bonus based on claims denied.It would not surprise me if smokers are denied...---...SEMPER FI

I think that in some circles at the VA some of the raters look for any reason to deny a claim .Makes me wonder if they really do get a bonus based on claims denied.It would not surprise me if smokers are denied...---...SEMPER FI

Smoking as a risk factor for diseases or medical conditions has the count at about 61 different diseases or medical conditions. If the VA were to adopt a policy now to deny claims based on risk factors it would void the whole concept of presumption altogether. The new regs. might not come out exactly like we would all want them to but the process has to unfold before we jump to conclusions.