VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Poll

Rate this question

Sgt Schmidt

Question

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

<<<<How many of you think vets who file for IHD due to AO exposure will be denied because thay smoke.>>>>

********************************************************************************

My vote on the above question is .............................no.

• HadIt.com Elder

No, I don't think they can be denied because IHD is presumptive. Just like DMII can't be denied because the AO vet is obese.

Plus, as I stated in my reply below, there are a herd of lawyers that would fight that BS.

The Gov & Military fed us smokes in every meal...... that seems to me they sanctioned the activity of smoking, by providing free smokes in the C-Rats... BTW can I trade a box of Ham & MF'ers for anything?

I vote " Hell No "

• HadIt.com Elder

How about the EM clubs in Vietnam. They poured out the alcohol to anyone who walked in the door. US law in 1969 said you could not drink until you were 21. The Army served alcohol to us 19 year olds until we were so drunk we could not walk. If you were at some big military base you could get drunk every night of the week as long as you showed up for work. The military smiled on alcoholism, but tried to smash the guy who smoked a joint. The military was full of drunks back in the day. The army condoned drinking alcohol, and yet they punish those who become alcoholics. Drugs poured onto American bases during the last days of the Vietnam war. I see it as an environmental hazard like AO. I remember people telling me the white powder in the little bottles was "coke" and harmless fun. That was until a guy from Philly told me it was heroin. I knew many junkies in Vietnam who never even got close to hard drugs in the World. Many of those poor guys got stuck with undesireable discharges because they failed a piss test. Nobody tested for the alcohol that was embalming the senior NCO's and officers.