VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Prolonged Exposure

Rate this question

clw4514

Question

ok, so ive been mostly absent from here and everywhere else for several months. depression & anxiety escalating. individual therapist strongly suggested prolonged exposure. anyone been thru this? seems like crap science to me. then again, what do i know. input, experiences, etc will be very much appreciated.

TIA....

Christy

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are trying to get a MH issue service connected you need a medical doctor or clinical pyschologist. The people at the Vet Centers are usually couselors or social workers. Their opinions don't hold much weight.

If you are trying to get a MH issue service connected you need a medical doctor or clinical pyschologist. The people at the Vet Centers are usually couselors or social workers. Their opinions don't hold much weight.

nah - im already 70% for it....just want to get better B)

clw,

Several years back I asked my VA Paychiatrist

for a magic pill..........

She told me Cocaine was illegal !

She also told me at this same therapy session

that my claim for PTSD would probably advance quicker

if I had a dual diagnosis.

She was a wack-job herself.

jmho,

carlie

clw,

Several years back I asked my VA Paychiatrist

for a magic pill..........

She told me Cocaine was illegal !

She also told me at this same therapy session

that my claim for PTSD would probably advance quicker

if I had a dual diagnosis.

She was a wack-job herself.

jmho,

carlie

bahaha - dont u wonder where they get some of these folks who work at the VA? on the good days, i just have to sit back and laugh. the other days, i either scream or cry.

my psych at the VA is bound and determined to convince me that I don't suffer from PTSD. My old psych left, and as soon as I got done with the PTSD 6 week in patient program they told me to go over there the same day (2 buildings over) and get my meds changed.

Well this lady didn't feel that was necessary. Told me that she didn't think I had PTSD, i told her that my Dr.'s that had spent the last 6 weeks with me would disagree, and that once I had back surgery i would be better.

I went and saw her this week, she said how are you, your not limping. I said yeah, I had surgery, my leg feels like someone has a knife in it, instead of being numb all the time, my marriage is for shit, the pills you prescribe aren't working, and while I was laid up for 2 months after surgery I had all the time in the world during my anniversary dates to think about how I should be normal. So I would say right now, I'm doing pretty bad.

"is your depression worse". Depression? MY PTSD is raging. "have you thought about hurting yourse" hell yes I have, how, guns, car over a cliff.... "you have guns" yes how else would i protect my house "are they locked" they are not loaded but i am a trained professional. "well you shouldn't have guns" did you not here the part about the truck and living in the mountains???? maybe you should take my keys so i can't make my appts as well.

And yes this was one of my best sessions with her, because i think i finally worried her enough to step back and look at me. I'm so tired of residents who are only trying to push more pills down me.

my psych at the VA is bound and determined to convince me that I don't suffer from PTSD. My old psych left, and as soon as I got done with the PTSD 6 week in patient program they told me to go over there the same day (2 buildings over) and get my meds changed.

Well this lady didn't feel that was necessary. Told me that she didn't think I had PTSD, i told her that my Dr.'s that had spent the last 6 weeks with me would disagree, and that once I had back surgery i would be better.

I went and saw her this week, she said how are you, your not limping. I said yeah, I had surgery, my leg feels like someone has a knife in it, instead of being numb all the time, my marriage is for shit, the pills you prescribe aren't working, and while I was laid up for 2 months after surgery I had all the time in the world during my anniversary dates to think about how I should be normal. So I would say right now, I'm doing pretty bad.

"is your depression worse". Depression? MY PTSD is raging. "have you thought about hurting yourse" hell yes I have, how, guns, car over a cliff.... "you have guns" yes how else would i protect my house "are they locked" they are not loaded but i am a trained professional. "well you shouldn't have guns" did you not here the part about the truck and living in the mountains???? maybe you should take my keys so i can't make my appts as well.

And yes this was one of my best sessions with her, because i think i finally worried her enough to step back and look at me. I'm so tired of residents who are only trying to push more pills down me.

wow - im glad to say mine have all been pretty good. well, except for one group leader. i think that was more of a personality conflict. i so hope u get a good one soon!!