VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vso Assignment

Rate this question

crimson0456

Question

I'll try to post this again.

I had recently experienced having my designated DAV representative somehow mysteriously deleted and replaced with representation through NYS. Since my DRO appeal review is nearly coming to a determination, something really odd with this as it has happened twice within the last six months. I don't get it. Once again today I signed to have the DAV act as representative. Any thoughts?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I had NYSDVA- and ended up filing a complaint against them with the OGC.Particularily due to a DRO review and what the SOC revealed the rep lied about.

Is your case in Buffalo VARO?

Did you formally revoke the POA with NYS when you signed on POA with the DAV?

The VARO needs to know of any revocation and changes in POA too.

NYSDVA however has since demoted one rep and there has been a major shuffle there - the local office at Bath VAMC has 3 superb vet reps now (I think)

or do you mean a county Veterans Service Center as part of NYS is still showing your POA?

• HadIt.com Elder
I filed a notice with my DAV rep immediately, re-authorizing them to act as my representative. The DAV is at the Stratton VA in Albany, N.Y.

YOU must make sure that your VA Regional Office has a copy of your current POA. YOU must send the VARO a copy, with your CLAIM FILE NUMBER clearly indicated upon the POA form itself, in the upper right-hand corner!

Trust me on this.

Anytime you file a NEW Power Of Attorney with a different Veterans Service Organization, this NEW POA supercedes the PRIOR POA. You do not have to CANCEL the prior POA in writing, for it is automatically canceled with the receipt of your NEW POA.

The proper POA form is VA Form #21-22 for a specific Veterans Service Organization (for example the VFW or DAV or American Legion, etc.). It is VA Form #21-22a if you wish for a specific person to have your POA.

A specific person can act as an "agent" and represent you if you assign to them your POA. But, they can do this ONLY ONCE, ever, unless they are accredited as a Service Officer acting for a VSO (DAV, VVA, AL, VFW, etc.).

Edited by LarryJ