VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Starting My C & P Process

Rate this question

Geo4K

Question

Good day Hadit,

I have spent several hours reading around here, and I have to admit that I have never seen a forum where the other members are as helpful and patient as you all are here. I filed for Tinnitus, Vertigo, ROM for Neck and Pain, ROM and pain for both shoulders and wrist pain. Fortunately I have good entries in my medical records to back these up! From the time that I filed (I chose the DAV to represent me) to getting actual appointment, maybe 4 weeks went by, that was a pleasant surprise.

I had my first appointment yesterday with the ENT clinic. I was met by a MD, she was very pleasant for the hour and a half I was with her. She wanted to know all about my vertigo and tinnitus during this appointment – focusing mainly on the vertigo. She asked me questions based off of a computer and entered my response via the same.

Close to the end we spoke about my neck injuries and ended up suggesting that my neck may be contributing to my vertigo. I Googled cervical vertigo and it actually seemed to fit. Anyways, I have my “General Medicine” appointment next week and one with Audiology the week after that. I have to say, my first impression was favorable, with this particular doc… but I have read enough here to be guarded.

Time will tell – I’ll keep on reading and will add to this as the events come and go. Thanks, in advance, for any comments or suggestions.

Geo

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Hi Geo4k,

Welcome to Hadit. It sounds like you had a really good exam, especially because your first doctor was very pleasant. I hope your remaining doctors are equally as nice as her. I had two C & P exams. The first one was short and lame, because the doc really did not care. The second one was more of what I expected to happen, which was a good experience which granted my SC.

Be sure to get copies of the exam results. You can go to the release of information office to get them.

Good luck!