VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Little Help On How The Va Looks At Employment

Rate this question

GDavis9755

Question

Need some help on my claim. I am combined 80% SC because of several different injuries. My wife and I own a small S-Corp business which I am the pres. she the vpres. I have taken a salary in stead of an owners draw mainly for SS as I was to retire in a few years. I'm 62 years old. In 04, I had back surgery and have not been able to return to work. I have fought the VA over this problem from 1972 and never won that action. But the problem has taken it's course, I just had to get it done. I have tried to return to work, and just can't do the work any more. With the back and all the other injuries, meds. and the PTSD I just can't work. In my claim for for TDIU, which was denied, because the evidence does not show I am unable to secure or follow a substantially gainful occupation because of my SC disabilities. From an exam dated 2/4/09 which stated I still ran the business. VA exam dated 3/09 I retired in 04 because of the back which was not service connected. The VA DR. wrote in his opinion I could not perform gainful employment and totally disabled. In this letter he did include history of non-service connected problems, but also included some of the SC items. I can see I will need to let them know in 04 was because of the back surgery. But I have not worked but tried from 05 on. We did pay me up to 08 in the family business, but I did not work. Give me some help on what needs to be done. I have just applied for SS disability this month and starting that process. Thanks all for your input. Gary

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet