VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iris-tbi Response

Rate this question

kansasguy

Question

Got theese response from IRIS why would they read differnt?

January 4th

This is in response to your January 4, 2010, inquiry regarding your claim.

Thank you for your service to our country. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you.

Your claim, dated July 2009, is open and being processed. It appears you claim was previously at the rating board, however, on December 29, 2009, it was determined additional development is needed to complete your claim. It is ultimately the goal of the VA to provide each Veteran with every benefit for which they are entitled. Therefore, additional steps may be required depending on the circumstances of the claim, to ensure this takes place. We recognize the claims process can be lengthy, and we apologize. Your continued patience is appreciated.

Once the additional development has been completed, your claim will be returned to the rating board.

January 5th

Dear XXXX:

This is in response to your inquiry dated January 4, 2010, regarding the status of your claim.

We show that your claim is open and is being worked on. There are several administrative steps that must be completed before we finalize the claim. This process is in place to ensure accuracy. If the decision is in your favor, you will be paid retroactively to the date you became entitled to benefits based on the claim being processed. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work our way through the claims processing procedures. You will receive notification via U.S. mail once your claim has been finalized. Your notification letter will explain our decision in detail.Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message or see our other contact information below.

So which one should I go by? Is usually when its done at rating is the second email what they send out if its finally been rated? What are your guys thoughts?

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

I feel this both say basically the same thing-

not much as to the status of the claim.

Most Iris replies are very generic as they have no way to determine when a rating will be done.

You filed in July 2009.

Unless you sent them the exact evidence they asked for in the VCAA letter (did you get one yet)(and obtained and sent them an independent medical opinion if needed- and/or any proof of other factors they might have needed--the claim could take much longer than a few months.

Many OIF IEF vets however are getting fairly fast decisions.Their SMRs are 'fresh' and many file within months after discharge with ample proof in their SMRs of their disabilitites.

Do you have a vet rep? and can you tell us more as to the basis of the claim?

If the VA has significant evidence that would prompt an award right off the bat-they would probably not send a VCAA letter and an award would not take too long.That doesnt happen often.

With a million claims in the VA system it is impossible to know how long any claim will take.

NVLSP within their Lawyers for Warriors program at their web site can often help any OIF OEF vet if they have problems with their claim.

Mine took what will be 7 years in Feb- finally awarded but still in authorization.

Berta

Well I have service connection right now for the scar and bump I received from the injury. I had a C&P exam in Oct that the C&P doctor stated it is at least likely as not - depression, sleep disorder, headaches was caused from or result of TBI. All records related to my claim is with the VA hospital. Not sure what other evidence they would neeed. They have my service records and they have the hospital reports from the army hospital. Only thing I could think is maybe my doctor I see at the VA noted in his report that she cant say for sure if its TBI or PTSD from a assult I had in the military. (would that hold it up?) But she still diagnoise me with TBI from the head injury. So I cant figure it out what else they would need. Also when I filed for TBI it was for TBI with secondnary depression. But when I checked on it they have it down as Increase for TBI with PTSD and Depression as seconary. Not sure why PTSD was added on the claim cause I already was rated on that in June and was denied.