VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu P&t But With Future Exam Scheduled

Rate this question

mom24

Question

Hi all,

Right before christmas my husband and I went to get our ID cards from Fort Jackson in Columbia, SC. It was an interesting event in that the letter the va sent me to obtain the id cards wasn't good enough. It said I was 90%, which I am, and it didn't list that I was entitled to commissary priviledges. the lady there told me that the letter had to say certain things and she gave me a copy of the letter the varo in columbia had just, that day, faxed over so they would know what it would look like. Apparently they had changed the form of the letter after I had received mine. The funny thing is, my letter and the knew form letter said exactly the same thing, word for word, except just in a different format. I pointed this out to the lady, but she said it had to be that form. She told me I had to go over to the varo and get them to do up another letter for me, or I could call and see if they would fax it to us. I opted to call, so they put me at a desk and I called the 1800#. The person there was very helpful and she said she gets calls like that all the time and she would type up a letter and fax it and stay on the line to make sure it was good enough. I told her they needed a certain form letter and asked if that was the one she was going to send over. She said she had one that she liked to use for that purpose. I said, whatever, fax it and if it is not good enough, you'll just have to do it over. So, she faxed it and she put on there that I was 100% P&T and that I had commissary priviledges. Now, this letter was totally different than the letter the va gave me. Actually it was the same form letter they send you when they approve your claim and give you the % you got. Well, so much for it needing to be the exact form, because the lady at fort jackson said "this is what we need." I didn't even bother to ask her why she told me it had to be the exact form letter the lady from the varo had faxed over just that morning. Whew!! Well, we got our ID cards, and this leads me to what my question is really about. Our card expires in Oct because I am scheduled for an exam then. This was not on any of the letters the VA sent me. When the lady at the 800# typed up the letter she had the appointment on there. So, I'm wondering why they gave me P&T, but scheduled me for an exam. Could it be because I'm only 90% on the schedule?

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet