VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Burial Benefits

Berta

Question

from VA web site

Burial_allowances_VA.doc

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Deja vu- I just went to the PO to buy stamps and my postman handed me my mail-from the VA- they are mailing separately or depositing my burial allowance money.

I forgot to add here- Burial expense claims go to the VARO for authorizing the status of the veteran's death as SC or NSC and then are sent to the VARO in Philadelphia where the decision is generated.

As this letter says the evidence they used was my recent award letter.

They say they received the burial app on Sept 1, 2009 (the VA had received this app over 15 years) and this shows that in spite of the April award for SC death-this was one more ancillary benefit due to me that the VARO refused to act on promptly.

A little over 4 months in Phila VARO Burial benefits section isnt bad at all for this type of award.

They also said they were sorry to learn of Rod's death and acknowledged his honorable service.

First time the VA ever formally said that to me.

As far as I am opined, There isn't anything that anyone could say that could effectively minimize both your anger, pain and suffering. The very least they could do, is simply do the right thing and get your benefits to you ASAP.

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta:

It always amazes me how the VA can change dates to suit their purposes. I am glad that you stayed after them and that once again made the VA do the right thing.

That is good news! Especially the part where they expressed regret that Rod died and expressed gratitude for his service.

So maybe my burial claim won't take forever. Who knows.

What is puzzling to me though, is that I did not receive any letters asking if I wanted a DRO review for my DIC claim or the Helpless Child Benefits claim. But I have been informed that they are pending review (in the future). But maybe they aren't scheduled. Maybe they were just giving me a ball park.

But I DID receive a letter asking if I wanted a DRO review or traditional review on my Burial Claim. I thought with that one - once I resent the evidence of expenses paid - it would be pretty cut and dried. I guess not.

But it is good to know that I might not have to wait two more years for that.

Free

Deja vu- I just went to the PO to buy stamps and my postman handed me my mail-from the VA- they are mailing separately or depositing my burial allowance money.

I forgot to add here- Burial expense claims go to the VARO for authorizing the status of the veteran's death as SC or NSC and then are sent to the VARO in Philadelphia where the decision is generated.

As this letter says the evidence they used was my recent award letter.

They say they received the burial app on Sept 1, 2009 (the VA had received this app over 15 years) and this shows that in spite of the April award for SC death-this was one more ancillary benefit due to me that the VARO refused to act on promptly.

A little over 4 months in Phila VARO Burial benefits section isnt bad at all for this type of award.

They also said they were sorry to learn of Rod's death and acknowledged his honorable service.

First time the VA ever formally said that to me.