VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Another Fusion Question

Rate this question

oldman273

Question

Hello I had a meeting with My nuero surgeon at VA today and the surgeon told me he wanted an answer would I consider having 4 disc replaced and screws and bars in my back and fused I have really bad artheritis also. I just had a stimulator in Nov and after all of that now the Surgeon opts out for this. Me I told him I owuld have to think about it as the surgery is going to be a minimum of 6 hours and I am wondering who has had this with 4 disc being replaced? I know everyone is different but I am at my wits end with pain and the VA is not the greatest at pain managment. Any thoughts shoot me an e-mail. My hands are starting to go numb like my feet did so that has me wondering if nerve damage can be fixed. Have a good day

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

What locations are they discussing fusion with Hardware?

Be advised that After I had the fusions I waited 5 years only to have the disk above and below the fusion to blow out.

J

What locations are they discussing fusion with Hardware?

Be advised that After I had the fusions I waited 5 years only to have the disk above and below the fusion to blow out.

Exactly what happened to me after first surgery. From the Sacrum (?) very bottom L5S1 and the 3 disc above that. Also surgeon said that there going to be 4 rods and 16 screws I would think it would be at the very bottom where the problem is? I do want to add that the Doctor was honest with me more than any other Doctor has been and explained that my nerve damage in my hands and legs and feet probally will not be able to be fixed but he had to get in there to see. Thanks as I just had one of the stimulators installed in November If I had know this I would not have had it put in. It helps but not near as they said it would. Any other ideas or thought appriciated. I am going to do pool theraphy today. Have a good day...

Edited by oldman273