VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd

Rate this question

billy2

Question

I was talking to a Vet friend of mine who gave me some advice when I was filing my claim for PTSD. I told him that I got 50% and he asked me if I thought that was fair. I thought about it and I said that it was ok at the present time in my life. Its not worth the effort or the stress to fight for more. I said if I got 30% I would have fought it.

I said that if I knew about PTSD and filed a claim in the 1980's that I would have gotten at least 70%. I have gotten mellow as I got older. Things still bother me but not like they did 25 years ago. Its an effort today to act right all the time. I know I burned a lot of bridges that can't be repaired with people but thats life. As I think back all the people that hate me or dislike me never went to war.

My wife stuck by me all these years and I will try to be a better husband every day.

Bill

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I went to see my VSO and we filed an appeal(NOD?) for the PTSD and UI. The VSO said I should have been given IU. The claim for IHD is still in place.

Bill

I can't imagine getting much for the IHD because the stent and the meds seem to be working.

I may go to a private MH doctor and also file for IU again, Not sure.

Bill

********************************************************************************

BILL, have you had a MUGA test for Ejection Fraction ? The EF will usually help

determines to your award.....

I filed the AO IHD presumptive last sept. My VA primary care ordered a MUGA from the clinic I goto, then a week later went to the hospital (VA) and took the hour test, easy non envasive..... and got a EF number to support my claim.

measures blood flow. However, since I have an Implanted deliberator many people that seem to know alot about that stuff figure the award is a 100% /// time will Tell just got C&P exam date for this tuesday...

then wait 6 months for the final rules to be published..... and await the denial/award....