VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ld/tbi

Rate this question

kansasguy

Question

I was wondering my C&P exam he stated that at least likely as not the depression headaches fatgue and sleep disorders result of or caused by TBI. The testing for TBI they said it look more like LD(Learning disbilty) than TBI. IS the LD statement going hurt my claim? I did get a letter from my school phycoligist I had in school and he wrote a letter saying that I did have significate LD in school but in the area of reading and english. And I was not a problem in school. And he also stated that my LD I still got good grades A's B's and C's and was also on honor roll for the last year of school. So my question is should I worry about the TBI testing that saying that the results looks more like LD than TBI. My C&P exam the doctor did say he reviewed my cfile and the testing. But at the end of his report he wrote at leats likely as not result of or caused by TBI. Also he did mention head injury in service with behavoral changes. What do you all think?

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

sorry no one replied to you sooner.

The C & P exam sounds like it will definitely help your claim!

You did a good thing to get that statement from your school psychologist-that could counter any

negative LD bull crap from the VA.

I don't expect with this C & P that they will give you any problems-the C & P results should justify an award of SC.

Is there any way they could question whether you did experience a TBI in service?

Is it noted in your SMRs or on discharge certificate?

All that is in my military medical records is about the fall from 8 feet hit head taken to ER to get steched up release back to unit. I am 20% for sinusitus, scar, and big bump on my head from the fall. I got a IRIS response that said it was determind that I need another exam. Not sure what other exam I would need. My ptsd claim they are trying to get police reports from a differnt incident will the ptsd claim hold up the other two claim they all was combined togather.

That certainly sounds like an in-service nexus for TBI to me!

Any type of trauma to the head can cause TBI.

Are you able to obtain those police reports yourself? Just in case the VA doesn't try too hard? for the PTSD claim?

It doesnt pay to worry if one claim would hold up another.In my opinion- because a successful claim would get the date of the claim as the EED -earliest effective date for retro payments.

They could award one claim and then defer the other but would have to pay the comp ASAP on the one they awarded first.

I called ft sill the police records they cant locate and said after 5 years they destroy them. Unit records they cant locate and told me they are probably destroyed. so I think the PTSD claim probably wont hold water. But if I read the mental rateing right I can only be rated for depression or ptsd is this right?

I am 20% for sinusitus, scar, and big bump on my head from the fall.

kg,

Either look over you'r old rating decision or

call the VA 1-800 number and find out what

Diagnostic Codes you are rated under and at what

percentage level for each.

Come back and post the information when you find out.

Diagnostic Codes are the specific medical criteria that

must be met for all disabilities and their corresponding

percentage levels allowed.

That's why this is important.

Believe me VA doesn't just grant a percentage for a

"big bump on my head".

jmho,

carlie