VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Trauma Recovery Program (trp)

Rate this question

Fire Courage

Question

I have an appointment for TRP on February 1, 2010. I know its necessary, but I'm not looking forward to bringing up all these feelings again. It makes me feel like crap the rest of the day. Has anyone had one of these appointments? What can I expect?

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I went to a group therapy (private) for years and there were vets in the group. It was very useful to me. I was sort of acting like a nut during first few meetings, and a fellow RVN vet stopped me cold when he said it was really pissing him off that they were trying to help me, and I was refusing to let them. I did not think anyone cared enough to say something like that to me. The group held up a mirror to me so I could sort of see myself as others saw me. What a shock! They all liked me and at the time I hated myself. I saw myself as a horrible failure, and I was only about 22 years old. I felt my life was over and the group helped me rehabilitate myself to a great extent compared to what I was. I am a big fan of group therapy if it is done right. I went to a VA group while an in-patient and what I said the VA used against me in claims.

John

Great advice John.. I do feel like others hate me. But if I talk to people they say they are worried about me.. At the same time, I feel like everyone is talking about me in a negative way.. just some screws loose... ya know..