VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Second C&p Exam

Rate this question

nanaeris

Question

:D When I filed a NOD after the DRO denied my claim, I did what I was advised by veterans of this site. I got a copy of my C-file, Service Medical Records and went through them and pulled out all the information I thought was revelent to my case. I wrote a 12 page NOD and sent them copies of the revelent documents. The VA scheduled me for another C&P exam for my bilateral knee disability and the doctor had my complete file this time. I just got a copy of the rerport, in the Summary of Joint Symptoms section he write yes for the following: Giving Way; Instability; Pain; Stiffness; Weakness; Decrease speed of Joint Motion; Effusions; Flare-up of Joint disease; Severity-severe; Frequency-every 1 to 2 months; Duration-1 to 2 weeks;

Assistive Devices: Orthotic Inserts; Cane; Braces; Frequency of Use-Always.

On the Range of Motion: He states addition limitation after three repetition of Range of Motion is Left Flexion: 0 to 90 degrees; Left Extension: 0 to 20 degrees. Right Flexion: 0 to 90 degrees; Right Extension 0 to 20 degrees.

On the Diagnoses and Functional effects section, Left Knee he lists Quadricepts Tendonitis; Post surgical change suprapatellar tendon; Horizontal cleavage tear posterior horn medial menicus; Residual Osgood Schlatter's debridment with Degenerative Joint Disease and Chondromalacia. On the Right Knee, Quadricepts Tendonitis; and Residual Osgood Schlatter's ddebridment with Degenrative Joint Disease and Chondromalacia.

The doctor states the bilateral knee disability has significant effects on my usual occupation, and moderate to severe effects on my daily activities.

This doctor took the time to review my SMR and related all the condition to my time in the military.

My question is what does the VA use to rate all of this? The Summary of Joint Symptoms or something else. Can I please get an opinion on what will be rated and how.

Thank you again and for all the help on this web site. By the way I still haven't got the results from my second mental health C&P exam. Without this site I would have not been able to accomplish all of this because the DAV have not been any help at all. I was surprise at the DAV at the Waco Regional Office because the DAV in the Los Angeles Regional were really on the ball.

Thanks again,

nanaeris.

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet