VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Denied Iu

Rate this question

billy2

Question

I am happy that I was granted 50% for PTSD and am now at 80%. I don't want to complicate the situation but here I go.

I was refused IU because the examiner for my C&P said I could do sedentary type work. I told this person that I could sit at a desk for 10 min and then take a 20 min break. I stated that I could not sit for longer that 10 min at a time because of PTSD issues. I also said that no one except a family member would put up with that situation and I didn't have a family member that had a business and would hire me. I told the nurse I was unable to do sedentary work. I said if I could do that type of work I would still be working at my old job.

I am filing a claim for an increase for my PN in my legs for which I have medical documentation.

I am also filing for CAD/IHD again. I had a stent put in last year and the VA will probally say I'M cured now that I have a stent.

I really don't want to reopen the PTSD issue because as everyone knows its a bummer. I feel I could get 70% but I don't want to drag in family and old friends into this issue with statements and such.

I was thinking of seeing a private shrink for these issues and to make a paper trail for my case.

When I filed for IU, I thought that with my physical issues conbined with the PTSD that I had a chance but I guess I was wrong.

I don't know which way to turn right now but I have time on my side.

Bill

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Billy2

I got turned down for IU when I was 70% and on SSD so don't give up. I would get the private shrink and get a medical report to shoot for 70% on the PTSD. I think you are on the right trail. Just be sure to get your appeals in on time. If your shrink says you are not working due to your PTSD that is what you need for IU. I would ask for a DRO Hearing on these matters and file for both IHD and the PN.

• HadIt.com Elder

Are you on SSDI? Did you apply for IU or increase through a VSO? No, PTSD or depression isnt easy to get into - but I think my family is content I got help even though I had to 'humble' myself for a couple of statements. Va doc helps a bunch, wrote notes and correct diagnosis for IU. NOD through DRO, Got fair to good c&p after that - took time but iu is here now, Amen.