VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Agent-orange Illness Federal Regsiter Dates

Rate this question

JRW

Question

Since there have been a lot of questions concerning when the three new Agent-Orange illnesses might be added to the Federal Register so that the VA may commence with the rating of disabilities, I decided to research out what the time period was for all of the previous ones from the VA date of annoucement to the actual Federal Register date. It took me some time, but below is what I found. This might give us an idea of when the three new ones might go into effect. Please note that the first one (Choracne took 21 months. It looks like the reason for this unusual time period was that it was passed by Act of Congress rather than by the VA. I think it was incorporated in the original Agent-Orange Act of 1991 - Public Law 102-4).

The following is for your information.

Chloracne - Announce Date = Feb 91 -- Fed Register Date = May 93 = 21 mths.

Soft-Tissue sarcoma Announce Date = May 90 -- Fed Register Date = Oct 91 = 17 mths.

Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Announce Date = Jan 03 -- Fed Register Date = Oct 93 = 9 mths.

Multiple Myeloma Announce Date = Sept 93 -- Fed Register Date = Jun 94 = 9 mths.

Respiratory cancers Announce Date = Sept 93 -- Fed Register Date = Jun 94 = 9 mths.

Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma Announce Date = Mar 90 -- Fed Register Date = Oct 90 = 7 mths.

Porphyria Cutanea Tarda Announce Date = Jul 93 -- Fed Register Date = Feb 94 = 7 mths.

Acute and subacute peripheral neuropathy Announce Date = May 96 -- Fed Register Date = Nov 96 = 6 mths.

Diabetes Mellitus Type II Announce Date = Nov 90 -- Fed Regsiter Date = May 01 = 6 mths.

Hodgkins Disease Announce Date = Aug 93 -- Fed Register Date = Feb 94 = 6 mths.

Prostrate Cancer Announce Date = May 96 -- Fed Register Date = Nov 96 = 6 mths.

B cell leukemia (hairy cell leukemia) Announce Date = Oct 09

Ishcemic Heart Disease Announce Date = Oct 09

Parkinson's Disease Announce Date = Oct 09

Some of the above illnesses had further Fed. Register modifications to them, but I used the first VA announcement dates and federal register dates for the initial entries. Those that were modified only appeared to enhance the original regulations.

Looking at the above data and discounting the first two datum points, it looks like the range of effective Federal Register date is from 6 to 9 months from the time of the initial VA announcement date. I could be wrong, but I'm thinking the three new ones may very well fall within that time frame.

Your thoughts??????

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

1 answer to this question

So, if I have 5 fingers and 5 toes (I am strange) Sometime in April 2010 the final rules are published.

That schedule shows the regulations that determines the time for this effort is a joke.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the determination of the date of filing is in limbo for retro

post-6950-1264476523_thumb.jpg