VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Results Of Gulf War Registery Exam

Rate this question

Gridsmasher11

Question

Yesterday I recieved the letter from VA with the results of my Gulf War Registery Exam

Quote;

" The results of your physical examination, consultations, and laboratory tests have been reviewed and the findings are as follows;

1. Depression 8. Hemorrhoids 15. Arthritis Right Shoulder

2. Insomnia 9. Headaches 16. Sleep Apnea

3. Arthritis Right wrist 10. Recurrent Brochitis

4. Polyarthralgia 11. Nicotine dependence

5. Flat feet 12. Chronic Diarrhea

6. Gout 13. Hematuria

7. History of Kidney Stone 14. Arthritis left knee " End Quote.

These results are from my exam at the OKC Va Medical Center that was done in November..Several of the items cover some of my current claims..I am thinking of about trying to get a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia and the diagnose of Polarthralgia should support that..( I have constant joint pain in most of my large joints to include elbows,wrists,knees, shoulders and some back pain, plus the depression and some serious sleep issues)....My question is that since this is from the VA and signed by a VA doctor will it help support my claims that I have previously submitted..I am currently service connected 10% for right wrist (medical discharge in '94) arthritis..With the exception of the mental health issues (which I am in the system getting diagnosed currently) this covers most of my claims one way or the other . I am currently scheduled for another sleep study for the sleep apnea..It is not currently SC but being worked..I have submitted buddy letters about my snoring while on Active Duty....They have tried to deny my flat feet, depression, insomnia but I have provided letters and evidence and they are currently working my claims....I will be taking this to my service officer today and giving him a copy.......Thanks any thing that might help will be appreciated.......................Gridsmasher11

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Grid:

You will be able to edit after you have enough posts,

I think that this evidence is helpful for your claim

Have you asked VA for anything besides what you are currently service connected for and when did you separate. Sorry if you have already posted but so many new here I get mixed up.

• HadIt.com Elder

Did the doctor who did the registry exam make an opinion about which medical problems are as likely as not connected to Gulf War presumptive conditions. When I got the AO registry exam the doctor did opine about three conditions I had that were likely related to AO exposure. This is what encouraged me to file claims on these issues. The VA ignored the AO registry exam, but I did get the conditions SC'ed. I had to go for C&P exams on all the issues identified by the AO exam. I question why they have such exams if the VA ignores the results to all ends.

• HadIt.com Elder

There is no Nexus Statement in your Gulf War registry. It identifies various problems, but does not attribute them to Gulf War factors. Twenty years from now all your conditions may be presumptive for Gulf War. That is how it has worked to some extent with Agent Orange. You are going to need medical evidence linking your problems with the Gulf War. However, I would claim everything now because like I say 20 years from now they may be presumptive and you can go back and possibly get them SC'ed for an earlier effective date. A Vietnam vet who claimed DMII as being connected to AO before it became presumptive has a claim for an EED. Something not so funny is that the older an army gets the more presumptive conditions are identified. The VA is waiting for that army to die. Agent orange is now presumptive for most heart disease. How many Vietnam vets do you think died while the VA waited?

Welcome to hadit, As John stated you need a doctor stating that your conditions began on active duty. If you have any copies of medical treatment records in your SMRs this will help a great deal. Are you currently being treated for any of the conditions? For fibromyalgia, you will need a primary care provider or a rheumatologist to review your records and give you an exam to diagnose this condition.