VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iu Doctor's Statement

Rate this question

murph

Question

I have filed for IHD "boots on the ground" and IU,I was told by my service officer to

make a claim for iu as i have enjection fraction rate of 40% which i believe could be rated at 60% when ever ihd gets into federal registry.I received two letters from the va, one stated they are working on my IHD claim, the second letter stated they are asking for an exam for PTSD and IU.I'm rated at 70% now with 30% ptsd,at this time, i do not have one 40% rating. I sent in the employer form and letter from former employer

stating i could not work because of my mental problems "my former employer did not know i have PTSD" and my heart condition. I have already sent in my medical records from my

heart doctor.

My question what type of statement should i have my doctor write,should he keep it simple and state i can not work at any job and let the medical records do the explaining .

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I have filed for IHD "boots on the ground" and IU,I was told by my service officer to

make a claim for iu as i have enjection fraction rate of 40% which i believe could be rated at 60% when ever ihd gets into federal registry.I received two letters from the va, one stated they are working on my IHD claim, the second letter stated they are asking for an exam for PTSD and IU.I'm rated at 70% now with 30% ptsd,at this time, i do not have one 40% rating.

Which is it?

I sent in the employer form and letter from former employer

stating i could not work because of my mental problems

This was a great move on your part since they will ask for this anyway. You beat them to the punch.

I have already sent in my medical records from my heart doctor.My question what type of statement should i have my doctor write,should he keep it simple and state i can not work at any job and let the medical records do the explaining .

It's sad that it works this way but don't expect the VA to interpret unemployability from your medical records.

Your doc should also explain in the letter why your conditions are keeping you from working.

Jerr

Edited by jerrbilly

:D

It's sad that it works this way but don't expect the VA to interpret unemployability from your medical records.

Your doc should also explain in the letter why your conditions are keeping you from working.

Jerr

Jerr

"What is it" I realize my post is all over the place,what i was trying to say is I'm 70% disabled, 30% ptsd ,the rest 20's and 10's "combat wounds and DM11" I know i don't have the 70-40% you need for IU.I put in a claim for IU based on recommendation from service officer, I was "boots on the ground" and have IHD with left ventricle ejection rate of 40% when IHD is put in the federal registry and if my claim is approved i could be rated 60% for IHD. Now my IHD claim is in limbo as many other claims while we wait.

I believe my service officer told me to put in a claim for IU because he knew i would be called in for exam for my PSTD "I was working when rated 30% ptsd"

I was let go from my job do to PTSD AND IHD which the employer form and employer states.

I was denied a claim for heart attack "have three blockages placed on meds" in 2004

for exposure to agent orange and PTSD,"That how i worded my claim in 2003"

Retro pay should be another post in the future i hope :huh:

I think that was a good move on your SO's part putting in a claim for IU because filing for IU is the same as filing for an increase. While waiting on the exam get your doctor to type up a letter for IU, stating you cannot work at any job due to your service connected conditions. He should put in the letter "why" too.

I'm sorry to hear about all your problems but hopefully this VA stuff will all work out sooner rather than later.

jerr

:D

Jerr

"What is it" I realize my post is all over the place,what i was trying to say is I'm 70% disabled, 30% ptsd ,the rest 20's and 10's "combat wounds and DM11" I know i don't have the 70-40% you need for IU.I put in a claim for IU based on recommendation from service officer, I was "boots on the ground" and have IHD with left ventricle ejection rate of 40% when IHD is put in the federal registry and if my claim is approved i could be rated 60% for IHD. Now my IHD claim is in limbo as many other claims while we wait.

I believe my service officer told me to put in a claim for IU because he knew i would be called in for exam for my PSTD "I was working when rated 30% ptsd"

I was let go from my job do to PTSD AND IHD which the employer form and employer states.

I was denied a claim for heart attack "have three blockages placed on meds" in 2004

for exposure to agent orange and PTSD,"That how i worded my claim in 2003"

Retro pay should be another post in the future i hope :huh:

Edited by jerrbilly