VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd

Rate this question

runnenbare

Question

I have been going over some of my medical reports from VA trying to figure out what has been going one. I have noticed for the first time that the srink that I have been going to is a MD staff phyision, he is the one that has been giving me a gaf of 25. the other one that i saw on the tv screen is a md pgy III and he gave me a gaf of 45. the lpn at the clinic did some kind of screen and gave me phq-2. the acsw lcsw did one and gave me a phq-9 and a gaf of 40. this was all in october 2009. i was just wondering if this looks or sounds normal. i filed for increase on my ptsd rated at 50% i think in july or aug 2009. i think i went for c &p in aug 2009. i would like some honist openion.

runnenbare

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Just wondering if you obtained a copy of your C&P exam? This would have a lot of good information regarding your chances for increase depending on what the examiner wrote.

your GAF's do reflect a higher rating, especially the 25 GAF. They definetely won't hurt your claim.

Are you getting SSDI or is your PTSD keeping you from working right now? If either one of these pertains to you this will favor your claim for increase too.

Hope this helps,

Jerr

I have been going over some of my medical reports from VA trying to figure out what has been going one. I have noticed for the first time that the srink that I have been going to is a MD staff phyision, he is the one that has been giving me a gaf of 25. the other one that i saw on the tv screen is a md pgy III and he gave me a gaf of 45. the lpn at the clinic did some kind of screen and gave me phq-2. the acsw lcsw did one and gave me a phq-9 and a gaf of 40. this was all in october 2009. i was just wondering if this looks or sounds normal. i filed for increase on my ptsd rated at 50% i think in july or aug 2009. i think i went for c &p in aug 2009. i would like some honist openion.

runnenbare

• HadIt.com Elder

Either GAF can get you 100%. People worry to much about GAF there is a lot more that goes into the rating

The VA routinely denies IU for this very reason since you ssd isn't soley for your service connected conditions. What I would do is get an evaluation stating that your PTSD is causing you to be totally disabled for any work if this is the case. If you can, get your own treating physician to do it.

I am drawing ssdi been getting it sence oct 2009 but i don't know how much the ptsd counted the rest is on my neck and backwitch is not sc.

• HadIt.com Elder

As Gerr has said the VA will latch onto anything not service connected to deny a IU claim. You don't want to give them records that contain NSC issues.