VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Buying Firearms And Being Rated Incompetent.

Rate this question

cadillacjack305

Question

I was recently rated 100% PTSD and Incompetent and heard from someone if I am deemed incompetent that I can no longer buy firearms because my mental health records have been sent to the FBI.

I wanted to know if anyone on here knew if this is true?

And if it is true how do I get my rights to own a firearm back?

If this is true I'm going to be so very depressed.

Thanks Bro's and Sis's!!

• Answers 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

cj,

The original link I posted isn't working any longer or at least right now.

This is the Fl Statue regarding Guardianship and

http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/index.cfm...0744/ch0744.htm

744.102 Definitions.--As used in this chapter, the term:

(12) "Incapacitated person" means a person who has been judicially determined to lack the capacity to manage at least some of the property or to meet at least some of the essential health and safety requirements of the person.

In the State of Florida going by

PART V

ADJUDICATION OF INCAPACITY AND

APPOINTMENT OF GUARDIANS

A Court must make the finding above going by these rules - 744.331 Procedures to determine incapacity.

In my opinion - if a Court has not made a determination of Incapacity - then they are eligible for ownership of

a weapon and a permit to CCW.

I do agree calling NARA is also a great idea.

jmho,

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

The fact is someone at the VA when they made a lot of the new guns laws turned over a lot of Veterans to be on the lists of people not to be allowed. It was more of a list that included somewhere between 55,000 and 145,000 you know the VA they are not to sharp as far as numbers go and they would not exactly admit to it either. Keep in mind that some of these VA types are scarred crapless of almost any Veterans not to mention PTSD types.

I know I was on some kind of list cause when I had trouble with IRS one day they were hassling me and the next they backed off and had nothing more to do with me.

try to get my concealed weapons permit hopefully im not on the watch list.

CadillacJack, you a Caddy guy ? What you ththink if the CTS-V ?

The CTS-V is a beautiful piece of machine with a shit load of horse power. Are the engines aluminum too? In my book the best way to know its what a caddy is supposed to be is if you take it on the high way and you go about 75 mph and you're barely pushing the pedal to maintain speed as if you're floating on a cloud. I never drove the CTS-V so I couldn't tell you it does that my 96 Sedan Deville does with 124,000 miles on it. My baby is old but she's a MILF of a car. Why you thinking about getting the CTS?