VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ihd Cp Exam

Rate this question

tinkerertn

Question

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Van,

Let us know how your exam goes. I have the AO exam on the 8th and I'm hoping they do the IHD exam while I'm there.

Jeff

S/F

Jeff, MY GOOD BUDDY OF 2/3

got a call from C&P and they have made my appointment for 2Feb2010

for my AO IHD presumptive claim....

I filed 26Sept2009.

So, I will suspect you will be getting exam soon.....

then in 6 months or more they will have 200,00 claims to deny or award depending on the chance you were examinated by a demitology student or a florist and the C&P clinic

s/f

van

Jeff, got you covered

, heading off in 30 minutes, sitrep 4 hours

Van,

Let us know how your exam goes. I have the AO exam on the 8th and I'm hoping they do the IHD exam while I'm there.

Jeff

S/F

Got letter from va today schedule c&p for feb 09. I guess they are moving forward with this though no regs written yet...

Had C&P today, mostly a bunch of questions. Could not do stress test, scheduled for a tee (I think it is a ultra sound of the heart to determine the ef) They did ekg and chest x ray today. Doctor was somewhat confused and said I need to get into primary care. Told him I called in Oct for appt and haven't heard back yet... doctor and staff very efficent.

I had an AO exam on the 8th and was hoping they would say something about my IHD claim but they didn't. Later in the day I called the VA regional office concerning some paper work I received saying they had not received certain information regarding my claims. After talking to the lady on the phone she informed me that they had received the information for the claims I had filed, which included my claim for IHD, and they were ready to be sent to the review board and I should hear something in a few weeks. I'm wondering if my medical records from my cardiologist were convincing enough that a C&P for IHD isn't required.

Also wondering if she was correct about my IHD claim being ready for review since I haven't seen any regs posted yet.

I guess we will have to wait and see what happens. She also told me that when a claim is received that it can set on a desk for 3 weeks or more before it is even looked at and filed because of the overload of claims. :D

Jeff

Edited by Sgt Schmidt

I filed a claim for CAD in Jan 09 and was denied. I had a blockage and a stent was put in. I reopened this claim in June 09. I was notified at least 4 times since then that they were working on my claim. I hope I'm still around when they these claims are settled.

Bill

2001 I filed claim for hypertensive heart disease and coronary artery disease due to Agent Orange, denied in 2002. Did not file an appeal. BIG MISTAKE then.. Re-opened claim in 2008 for High Blood Pressure, Hypertensive Heart Disease and Coronary Artery Disease. Received SC for HBP in 2009 but not due to AO due to having HBP while on active duty and the medication I take now, but deferred on heart diseases secondary to HBP. Had C and P exam on heart diseases which was a joke, file NOD in August 2009 then requested DRO in Sept 2009. Jan 2010 received Statement of Case on HBP issues for earlier effective date and higher rating. VSO advised I was awarded SC on heart diseases as of Jan 21, 2010 and on Feb 3rd my file was in the stage of Authorization ( Whatever that means) but on Jan 22, 2010 filed VA Form 21-4138 requesting original claim of 2001 be re-opened under New Ruling by Secretary of VA for Ischemic Heart Disease/Coronary Artery Disease, Congestive Heart Failure and Abdominal Aortic Aneursym. I realize I have to wait until the new Ruling for IDH to be in effect for the VA can rule on my 21-4138 that I submitted on Jan 22 2010. My VSO stated that I SHOULD be awarded Primary SC for IHD/CAD once the new ruling is in place and retroacive back to 2001.

In 1991 at the age of 41 I had 5 bypass emergency heart surgery. Since then I've had 8 heart attacks, almost died in 2006 while undergoing heart cath. Only have two of the five grafts left. The Left Anterior Descending Artery Graft now has 7 stents in it to keep it opened. I have to wear a Nitro Patch during the day for Angina and then in the evening I take Imdur (Nitrates) along with havin to use Nitro Spray for Unstabel Angina. I also take HBP meds along with Lasix and numerous other heart medication to include Plavix. NOTE: 5 of the stents in the LADA are TAXUS MEDICATED STENTS.

My question to you all, How long does it take to receive my Official Award Letter with rating and effective date for the SC for secondary heart disease that was just awarded being it's at the level of "Authorization".???

The above is just a quick version of my entire heart disease and everything I have gone thru with the VA.