VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Changing Schools

Rate this question

Fire Courage

Question

I'm using Voc-Rehab to get my Bachelors Degree. I am in online classes with a local University, but when they said online classes I thought it was just that---ONLINE. But, now that classes have began, I see that we also have to meet once weekly at 6pm by webcam and have class for 2 hours. I don't remember them mentioning that in orientation or else I would have dropped then.

The reason that I chose online classes were because traditional classes were not working with my work schedule of 24 hours on duty and 48 hours off duty as a firefighter. Twice already while in class on the webcam at work the alarm has went off and I had to leave. I'm fearful that if this continues, I'll receive a failing grade. I have spoken with the instructors and they both said there is nothing they can do.

The drop period has already passed. I have found a school that is STRICTLY online where all you have to do is submit your homework assignments.

So, my question is.......

What can I do to get out of this and avoid having to pay back money? Will Voc-Rehab allow me to transfer mid-stream like this to avoid missing too many classes and possibly failing?

I plan to call Voc-Rehab later today.

Has anyone experienced such?

Any suggestions or recommendations?

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

You have to tell Voc Rehab whenever there is any change. You also have to get permission to change your degree plan.