VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Peripheral Neuropathy And Anemia

Rate this question

Sgt Schmidt

Question

Hello Group,

During my last visit with my family doctor he told me I had peripheral neuropathy and anemia. I have read the neuropathy can be caused by DMII but what about the anemia. My doctor is hesitate about saying I have DMII and always says I'm border line and to treat it by dieting even though my readings from tests show anywhere between 126 to 178. This is documented by my cardioligist and from the A1C tests I have had done. I've filed the claim for DMII and of course the VA wants more documentation as always.

I have filed a claim for IHD also and just waiting on the regs to be posted. All this is driving me crazy but hey, I'm already crazy and can get the papers to prove it. :angry:

Any input is greatly appreciated............

Jeff

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Jeff,

I am just a guy that went thru the Type 2 exam.

your A1C is well with in the Guide lines for Type 2

If you go to a VA doctor as your primary get another A1C and talk to the VA Doc.

The exam guy will ask:

do you exercise

are you on a diabetic diet (or trying like a good guy..... but fail... what ever)

do you take medication for Type 2 ( Pills )

When about this all happen.. ( the so=called border stuff till you first abnormal A1C test )

How do you feel ( tired , thirsty, numbness of toes of some degree, you heal slowly after you cut yourself,

unlike the good olde days you scabbed over and healed in a couple of days... now takes

a week longer....)

I am sure I missed something, but symptoms and such are a measure on the exam...

Make sure you get a recent A1C

get a Release of Information from the VA and ask for all tests, note, and what ever on you type 2 and copy

results and carry all this, and the results of the most recent A1C test...

some examiners seem not to look at your records on the computer when you are there the copies stop

the guy in his tracks

But, as I have found out....with my Recent AO IHD Exam... they will ignore what they will. or not care to understand

what they fail to ask or do during the exam, including all the paper work you submitted.

S/f

van

Edited by vperl