VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Received My Final Determination

Rate this question

Renegade81

Question

All,

I just received my "final" determination and it states "We assigned a permanent 100% disability evaluation for your service connected disabilities effective March 1, 2009." My question is, since they used the word "permanent" does that mean I don't have to worry about them trying to call me in for follow up physicals over the next few years and trying to reduce me back down below the 100% level?

Thanks i advance for your help,

Renegade81

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations! That's great!

I don't know much about P&T, but my understanding is 'permanent' is permanent, as in you are not going to get any better. But remember this is the VA, so I would not be surprised if they try to harass you with follow up exams. I am not permanent, but have had random appointments made without my request. When I arrive, the first thing the doc asks is, "So, what seems to be the nature of your appointment." Nice.

• HadIt.com Elder

It only means that you will have some extra benefits nothing is permanent at VA.Your kids and wife can get some auxiliary benefits provided your kids are the right age and that you are married

Congrats on your win

• HadIt.com Elder

Permanent and Total menas your disabilities are static and there is likely no room for improvement.

They VA will consider this when scheduling follow up exams but at any time they can examine you.

It does happen.

J

Congratulations on your well-deserved award. On this question (bolded) the answer is "NO" it would be very very unlikely you would have a reevaluation in in the next few years, probably none for several years. They wouldn't have given you P&T if you were like to improve in the next several years.

There are some things that may trigger a reevaluation though like if you start working and making a substantial income.

Just keep this in mind.

Again, kudos to another award here on HADIT.

All,

I just received my "final" determination and it states "We assigned a permanent 100% disability evaluation for your service connected disabilities effective March 1, 2009." My question is, since they used the word "permanent" does that mean I don't have to worry about them trying to call me in for follow up physicals over the next few years and trying to reduce me back down below the 100% level?

Thanks i advance for your help,

Renegade81