VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Couple Of Questions.....

Rate this question

phoenix121

Question

I have a few questions I am hoping some of you can answer or give advice on.

Just some background......I am currently rated at 30% for PTSD and do have submitted a reclaim for it. I have been home from my combat deployment for almost 5 years now and recently rated last year after my wife left me because she said I am not the same person anymore.

1.) Does the FBI get a notice because of this? What about local and state law enforcement?

2.) Does this rating "flag" me for background checks from future employers? What about federal jobs?

3.) I have been seeing a Psychologist for almost a year now and honestly, hasn't helped one damn bit. I am sure its because she has no idea what she is doing since she is fresh out of school (although a very older women). Last week she suggested to me that there isn't much she can do for me and I should only see her once a month for a check-up, does this sound right to you guys, ever experienced this? (leads to 4th question).

4.) I am not sure how to deal with this PTSD, The only way I can see me beating this is by facing my demons and trying to get back over there. Anyone ever feel this way? With my VA rating, is re-enlistment possible back into the Infantry? I know it does sound a little crazy but its something I have been thinking about for years. I am sure the question is going to come up "why would you want too do go through that again". To answer that, I don't know but I feel I need too move on and that's the only way. If the Army offered a one year deployment enlistment I would jump all over it but I doubt they have anything like that.

Comments, questions, and suggestions are welcomed. Thanks in advance for your time and knowledge.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
... The only way I can see me beating this is by facing my demons and trying to get back ove Anyone ever feel this way? With my VA rating, is re-enlistment possible back into the Infantry? I know it does sound a little crazy but its something I have been thinking about for years...

Comments, questions, and suggestions are welcomed. Thanks in advance for your time and knowledge.

By now, hopefully you should be aware of the auto 50% PTSD rating settlement with vets that served during your time on active duty.

http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34810

or

http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34795

To answer your question about going back to a war zone, I would have to answer YES... In a "New York Minute"... Perhaps working for a contractor, to help get our troops and equipment home. It's been said "what doesn't kill you , can only help"... LOL ... Sign me up...

post-4811-1266607258_thumb.jpg

Edited by Commander Bob

• HadIt.com Elder

"If the Army offered a one year deployment enlistment I would jump all over it but I doubt they have anything like that."

Hell, at the rate that they are rotating troops through, two, three, four deployments, if you asked them to, they'd probably just rent you an apartment in Afghanistan, with a view of the "beach" (all Afghanistan IS a "beach")! Save having to fly your happy butt back and forth for R&R (they do still call it "R&R" don't they?).

Thanks.

I didn't get those memo's but they are good to read and to know that people are making headway with what seems to be, the military turning their back on those who have suffered and were denied benefits.

I am currently at 30% but I have a feeling that my refiling will yield benefits due to some other things that have come up. I am currently seeking a procedure to be done by the VA involving GERD and recently met with a surgical team to discuss the options and what will happen. I am quite happy with what they had to say and will be having the surgery. This was about a month ago and in the past week I have received 3 phone calls from different vet shrinks because the surgeons felt I needed more help and they documented it. Which was odd to find that out because I thought the meeting was fine and I was in high spirits throughout the course of the meeting. I am going in today to find out exactly what was said and what the deal is because after recalling the meeting, I don't see why they would have called them to ask me in to "talk" about life and whatnot.

Guess I'm the weird guy now.

As much as I would love to go with a contractor overseas, most require more military training than I have had. I was Army NG for my 5 year military career and only had 1 year long combat deployment under my belt. I have been out for 5 years too, I doubt they would find that useful.

• HadIt.com Elder
...As much as I would love to go with a contractor overseas, most require more military training than I have had. I was Army NG for my 5 year military career and only had 1 year long combat deployment under my belt. I have been out for 5 years too, I doubt they would find that useful.

Have you ever seen those TV advertisements for truck driving school??? Just kidding.

post-4811-1266628017_thumb.jpg

Phoenix,

You are NOT alone my friend!  I am sure many of us have regrets leaving the service and "letting down" your buddies.  I would suggest, as others have stated, that you may want to request another MH professional if able.  I have been seeing a psychiatrist and a psychologist for issues that I have....if you are NOT comfortable with who you are currently seeing (as I think I get from your posts) then PLEASE try to get someone who you can honestly talk with.

CommanderBob,

Nice gunship photo!  Did you photoshop it or did you get it that way?  Right hand turns are a NO NO...LOL....I have spent many hours in "'68"!

• HadIt.com Elder
...CommanderBob,

Nice gunship photo!  Did you photoshop it or did you get it that way?  Right hand turns are a NO NO...LOL....I have spent many hours in "'68"!

I must plead guilty for photochopping the Spectre AC-130H., MDB1968NM... I salute you, and thank you for your service and air support. As a grunt, when things got bad on the ground, we always felt relived to see the air support over head. Sorry about the right turn. Interesting info. Here is another one... "Negotiating thru the Bureaucracies"

post-4811-1266676502_thumb.jpg

Edited by Commander Bob