VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Dreams Has Started & Drinking Seems To Be Back

Rate this question

maset22

Question

For the last three weeks or so, vivid dreams, although I use a C-pap, the dream I am always running away from people, with gun play. most time by myself, others with family. and unlike regular dreams, these I can remember details like a movie. The other Issie I started to nip, ever so slightly, but, non the less I do, and is at night. This is after more than almost two years of looking at the bottles and no reactions. I have to stop, I take too many strong pills to mess my inside up. This CPT is stressful. should be finishing now this.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Maybe the drinking but probably the stress is cause of vivid dreams. I understand the repeating as when I have a dream its always the same one. I quit drinking in 1982 thank God.

Look at C&P another way it means you are getting closer to a decision.

Good Luck sometimes knowing what is needed is first step.

masett22,

I just started my cpt , my second session is on Friday. Heck i had a little anxiety attack last Friday , just thinking about the first appt.

I have quit drinking since July 09. It was hard but i knew i had to , to give the meds a fair shot of working. There is a med that will help you with the drinking. It's called Naltrexlone . This has been the best at helping me control my cravings to drink. I still have those moments of what a cool frosty one or 12 taste like ( the 12 part was my problem ) but they are few and far between.

Keep up the good fight. Shoot me a pm for more info on naltrexlone if you want.

Sgt Sandman

Guest terrysturgis

I struggle with the dreams too. I really do not remember when I quit drinking but my kids do. They say 20 years.

Drinking not only effects you but also those around you. I can't imagine how the drinking would affect me with the 19 medications I am on. Take care of yourself.

For the last three weeks or so, vivid dreams, although I use a C-pap, the dream I am always running away from people, with gun play. most time by myself, others with family. and unlike regular dreams, these I can remember details like a movie. The other Issie I started to nip, ever so slightly, but, non the less I do, and is at night. This is after more than almost two years of looking at the bottles and no reactions. I have to stop, I take too many strong pills to mess my inside up. This CPT is stressful. should be finishing now this.

maset,

I suggest discussing this with your therapist/MH provider.

Also, fot sure with whomever is facilitating the CPT therapy

if it's group.

You can write things down and take to your therapist/MH provider.

jmhi,

carlie

Pete, Yes sir. Stress is the name of cpt. Funny, I guess they stress you out , so you can handle the triggers better. I hope my solution is not drinking if so I am failing miserable. Sandman . Thanks for the suggestion of Natrexlone. Brother I have so many meds I need to cut down, That CPT give you a lot of insight, I remember and still have anxiety day's before my sessions. I almost did not want to go to one, but thank God I did. I will start my sobriety day one. Terry, I know it just not affect me alone, I have been taking just a shot glass full. so I know I can stop for my health. Carlie, Hey Sis, Thanks. I will mention both situations to the psychologist in tomorrow session.

• HadIt.com Elder

Masset no matter how hopeless things look you can turn the corner. I personally think you are at a turning point and I will pray for you