VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P Exam

Rate this question

wolverine4949

Question

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering if anyone has advice for a first timer at all of this. I submitted my claims in July 2009. I still haven't heard anything back from the VA. My rep doesn't seem to really care, he just tells me to wait longer. Is this the norm? I am about to lose my house in 30 days because of unemployability. Any hints or advice on how to get the VA to hurry the !$#* up?

Thanks Jon

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering if anyone has advice for a first timer at all of this. I submitted my claims in July 2009. I still haven't heard anything back from the VA. My rep doesn't seem to really care, he just tells me to wait longer. Is this the norm? I am about to lose my house in 30 days because of unemployability. Any hints or advice on how to get the VA to hurry the !$#* up?

Thanks Jon

7 months seems like a long time to wait for a C+P Exam to be scheduled, but some RO's are very busy.... Try to be patient.

If you are about to lose your house, you would need to talk to your POA rep and submit to him/her your foreclosure documentation, proof of no income, etc. Call immediately and find out what you need to provide! There is a 'Hardship' situation where a decision can be make very quickly, but you need LOTS of evidence to proof your dire circumstances.

Thank a Vet for your Freedom!

Lyndenrider

• HadIt.com Elder

7 months is really not a long time to wait for a C&P exam depending on your VARO. It is a long time when you are the one who is not able to pay his/her bills. According to the VA they should already have made a decision in your claim, but this is all wishful thinking. They take as long as they take and unless you are on your deathbed there probably is little you can do to speed it up. Even if you are dying I doubt they will speed up the process.

If you are about to loose your house you can file for a hardship and have your claim expedited.

I don't know what your original claim is for, and so I can't measure the normal time spans. You can however speed things up by doing a couple of things. (1) you need to have your VSO file a 'Expedited Claim's adjudication" for the reasons of (1) Veterans deteriorating health (2) Extreme and undue Financial Hardships experienced by veteran (3) Veterans inability to work.

Edited by sharon

If you call your VAMC C&P office and tell them your status and hardships they may help you out. They took my name and number and the first cancellation they had they called me and gave me the time and date. Now granted this leaves no leeway for you but I just dropped everything and went to it when they asked and it saved me 3 months. If you call explain your situation and asked to be notified of cancellations, sounds silly but it worked for me. By the way my claim was under hardship but the VARO and the VAMC arent buddies like that so I guess ones problem isnt the others

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have a VA Loan call the VA Loan people they can help you.

Good Luck

In 1991 I was in the same spot and the VA Loan people stopped the foreclosure and worked out a refinance plan and I think tried to help expedite my claim.

Good Luck

If you don't have a VA Loan I think that the VA has programs to help but you have to talk to them about it.