VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nexus Letter

Rate this question

pog

Question

Hi folks,

I asked my Dr for a nexus letter. He complied. So I thought. He made a note in my chart, that I have forwarded to my VSO.

In the section of my notes under "History of Present Illness" the Dr noted...

"Patient reports that OSA symptoms began while he was in active military service, while serving in the Army. He believes that his symptoms were present, but were at the time attributed to PTSD and depression. I HAVE REVIEWED SEVERAL SERVICE MEDICAL RECORDS THAT ALLUDE TO SLEEPINESS AND UNREFRESHING SLEEP AT THAT TIME."

Then in the assessment portion of my chart he wrote.

"I beleive it is as likely as not the pt had sleep apnea while he was in the Army."

My question is... Is this strong enough to link my Sleep Apnea to service for disability rating?

• Answers 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

What can I do to further strengthen my nexus letter/claim?

I have a developmental counseling for going home to sleep when I should have been at work and being late to work because I pulled my car off the side of the road to sleep. How do I enter the counseling statement into my VA claim as evidence?

I'm going to get a buddy statement from someone who heard me snore loudly many times.

But as far as this nexus letter I don't know what else to do. If I must have yet another one written I'm going to have have to hire and IMO. (Sigh)

After reviewing the patients service medical records and current medical notes is is my professional opinion that the sleep apnea symptoms that are documented on active duty are at least as likely as not related to his sleep apnea condition today.

Thiss is close to what my doct did for mee (for diferent condition) and won my appeall. I just repplaced my conditions with yours. Of course this would be just an examply.

good luck

Hi folks,

I asked my Dr for a nexus letter. He complied. So I thought. He made a note in my chart, that I have forwarded to my VSO.

In the section of my notes under "History of Present Illness" the Dr noted...

"Patient reports that OSA symptoms began while he was in active military service, while serving in the Army. He believes that his symptoms were present, but were at the time attributed to PTSD and depression. I HAVE REVIEWED SEVERAL SERVICE MEDICAL RECORDS THAT ALLUDE TO SLEEPINESS AND UNREFRESHING SLEEP AT THAT TIME."

Then in the assessment portion of my chart he wrote.

"I beleive it is as likely as not the pt had sleep apnea while he was in the Army."

My question is... Is this strong enough to link my Sleep Apnea to service for disability rating?

Thanks man! Anyone with some experience with the VA got any impute here? I want to put my mind at ease here cause I'm driving myself up a wall.

After reviewing the patients service medical records and current medical notes is is my professional opinion that the sleep apnea symptoms that are documented on active duty are at least as likely as not related to his sleep apnea condition today.

Thiss is close to what my doct did for mee (for diferent condition) and won my appeall. I just repplaced my conditions with yours. Of course this would be just an examply.

good luck

Carles right on the prompting of the C&P part. The only problam with yours that I can see is the wording. Just in case the C&P examier opines diffeently you can still get the benefit of doubt if your doctors opinoin is strong and worded corrently.

theis letter you presented here is good thourgh and should be enough. Make srue you take this letter and any medical notes you have that supprot your claim to the C&p.

sorry my typing ishn't good. I have bad arthritis

pog,

Your doctors letter appears to me to be worded

strongly enough for a decision maker to order a C&P.

That is the main goal of having your doctor write a letter.

jmho,

carlie

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use