VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Advice

Rate this question

Art

Question

:D I am a retired Gulf War Vet. In 1996 I had to fight with V.A. two years for 40%.

20% for right arm pain and weakness. Now arm has unexplained moderate to severe twitch. I am right handed. V.A. never gave me a full explanation about the arm. I have been under Neuro. Dr care last year, he says twitch is unexplained. In 1998 I got Voc.

Rehab. four years of college to be a teacher now can't even write my own name sometimes. My lower back is rated at 10% but now my right leg is going numb. Neuro. Dr. says this maybe because of lower back not sure. The last year I have been tested and retested for everything . All of my doctors say they do not know what is causing this. Could be maybe? My left leg is rated at 10% because of scar tissue. Any suggestions?

• Answers 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I was hoping to get something from one of my Drs. since this is probably related to my current sc disabilities 20% for the right arm ( which twitches) 10% for lower back which could be why the leg is going numb to maybe file or TDIU until VA reacts. I just feel like a ping-pong ball being bounced around from Dr. to Dr. because they do not know what to do with me. Everything is probably Gulf War related however from everything I have read. I have filed for disability increase and sent it to VA with records that I have but knowing VA. I will need more. My neurologist ha done nerve tests ,CT and MRI. I do not know what else he can do?

My Neurologist says he doesn't think it is ALS but he also says he doesn't know what causes the twitching in the arm, numbness in the leg. That is my biggest problem my Primary Dr. doesn't know what to do and my Neurologist says " undiagnoised" cause!!

I have had MRI, CT, and nerve test done in a hospital stay several months ago, in my Neurologists office. Still undiagnoised reason. I just wish there was something I they could do!

My Primary care doctor called and said he had talk to my Neurologist. He said there is nothing either one of them can do for me. Where should I go from here? Almost two years of seeing both of them and lots of test.

I do have some irritable bowl . But the biggest problem is with the arm twitching and the leg going numb. My Drs. cannot tell me why this is happening.

My lower back is rated at sc 10% and my right arm is rated at sc 20%. My Drs. have x-rayed my knee and say it is fine, my last Neuro. Dr. said maybe leg problem could be because of lower back but he is not sure. I have had nerve tests, MRI, CT of everything but no answer about what the cause is. I have considered seeing a Dr. about depression

I just want someone to say why this is getting worse so I can get on with my life. Like I said in my other posts I with Va. Dr asking me if I drank so I do not trust any thing about va Drs.

Tell your doctor (PCP) that you are having stomach and irritable bowels and have him test and treat you, also tell him the problems that you are having with being depressed and ask him for a referral to the GI clinic and the mental health clinic. Try not to bring the subject of service connection or GWI up, just get tested and treated and find out what they diagnose you with and then file a claim if possible.

Side note: If you are drinking, you might want to think if you want to continue with your health issues.

Hope the best

I do not drink, never have, that is something that the VA ortho DR. asked me. It is just frustrating to see several Drs. and nobody can give me any idea about this problem. It makes me wonder if it could be ALS or something. I have filed for an increase with VA.