VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Advice

Rate this question

Art

Question

:D I am a retired Gulf War Vet. In 1996 I had to fight with V.A. two years for 40%.

20% for right arm pain and weakness. Now arm has unexplained moderate to severe twitch. I am right handed. V.A. never gave me a full explanation about the arm. I have been under Neuro. Dr care last year, he says twitch is unexplained. In 1998 I got Voc.

Rehab. four years of college to be a teacher now can't even write my own name sometimes. My lower back is rated at 10% but now my right leg is going numb. Neuro. Dr. says this maybe because of lower back not sure. The last year I have been tested and retested for everything . All of my doctors say they do not know what is causing this. Could be maybe? My left leg is rated at 10% because of scar tissue. Any suggestions?

• Answers 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Like Pete just said, file for both (SSD and TDIU).

I went to see my primary care dr today, this is a follow up from my hospital stay. He really acted like he did not want to see me. I know in the past he has said that he cannot help my problem but when his nurse put me in a room she came back and said he wanted to know what he could do for me today. I showed her the discharge paper work earlier and said it was for a follow up vist for insurance purposes. He acted like he really did not want to see me thou. He suggested I go back to Neurologist that I have been seeing who also does very little. This is getting really stressful!! Just wanted to vent!!

It is back to the neurologist. I don't know what he will do or say but my dr has sent me back to him? this is getting really tiresome.

Just a wasted trip to Neuro. Dr. he says he cannot refer me for anything, just another prescription for more meds. My primary Dr. now says I have an overactive thyroid problem now after finally taking some tests? I do not know where this is going from here?

OK just curious, are you talking about VA doctors (PCP and NEUROLOGIST) or your private doctors. Since you are retired, go to your private doctors and ask them. If you are going to your private doctors, then go to the VAMC and get a PCP and go from there. It may cost some going to a private doctor but do what you have to do.