VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Rating Reduced To 40%

Rate this question

jhorak101

Question

I live here in Central Texas near Fort Hood and was talking with a Vietnam Vet a Marine veteran who told me he got a letter from the Waco TX VA regional office saying that they purpose to reduce his disability from 100% un employable to 40% I was under the impression that 100% was permanent and total and would never change I myself am rated at 80% overall with my highest disability rating at 30% then others at 20% and 10% The DAV told me that I have to maintain that rating for 20 years before it becomes permanent and total according to 38 CFR they already tried to reduce one of my disabilities from 30% to 0% because they say during a recent exam the VA medical doctor an neurologist at the Temple TX VA hospital said tat me condition improved ?? I had to go back a submit civilian health report form my Tricare provider at Hillcrest Baptist medical center in Waco to overrule the incompetent C&P evaluator. Now its this kind red tape that needs to get to the Top people in Washington i.e. the President and the VA secretary and congress. But my primary question has to do with my Vietnam Vet friend that the VA is trying to screw.

Thank You

Jim Horak, TSgt USAF Chapter 61 Disability Retiree

Belton Texas

Did your friend fail to return the VA annual employment questionnaire sent to IU vets that are not P&T yet? So many blanks in his story. We need more info...

Good luck with your claim.

I will have to ask him I was suppose to meet with him tonight but with the snow storm here in central Texas today the meeting will be rescheduled.

I just got increased from 80% to 90% I won two appeals via BVA , Waco TX Office turned them down twice. BVA over ruled them but then kicked it back to Waco for rating percentage only to when and increase from 10% to 30 % and then Denial to 10% then denial to 0% , it took five years from the time of my initial VA award, that took the VA lover a year to give me my first rating, so from a DOD stand point I was disabled separated retired on chapter 61 disability as the results of a USAF PEB med board given 30% by AF Board but from June 28 to March 2006 I was not VA service connected.

Don't you love Washington ?

Did your friend fail to return the VA annual employment questionnaire sent to IU vets that are not P&T yet? So many blanks in his story. We need more info...

Yes he did.

Good luck with your claim.

I just got rated up to 100% in November 2102 from 90% in June 2011, the VA wants to reexamine me in June 2014 for two 30% rated conditions, GERD & Headaches , It would not surprise me for the C&P Docs to say yes the conditions improved even though they may actually not , they tried this same game with me in October 2006 in February 2006 the rated me 30% for headaches then in October 2006 they claimed they had medical evidence stating my headache conditioned improved and proposed to reduce me from 80% to 60% I appealed it and a Decision review officer agreed with me and kept it at 30%, I have learned to keep a log book each time a condition bothers me I note the date and time I use an excel spreadsheet and also secure message my VAMC Doctors using myhealthe Vet secure messaging.

• HadIt.com Elder
I just got rated up to 100% in November 2102 from 90% in June 2011, the VA wants to reexamine me in June 2014 for two 30% rated conditions, GERD & Headaches , It would not surprise me for the C&P Docs to say yes the conditions improved even though they may actually not , they tried this same game with me in October 2006 in February 2006 the rated me 30% for headaches then in October 2006 they claimed they had medical evidence stating my headache conditioned improved and proposed to reduce me from 80% to 60% I appealed it and a Decision review officer agreed with me and kept it at 30%, I have learned to keep a log book each time a condition bothers me I note the date and time I use an excel spreadsheet and also secure message my VAMC Doctors using myhealthe Vet secure messaging.

greetings 'jhorak'.
Sorry to hear the VA is still hassling you.
It sounds like you are squared away. IMO again, if necessary. etc...
You note, " I have learned to keep a log book each time a condition bothers me I note the date and time I use an excel spreadsheet and also secure message my VAMC Doctors using myhealthe Vet secure messaging." Outstanding. Let's hope for the best, and that all goes well for you.
Best wishes for the New Year,
Cmdr. Bob
Edited by Commander Bob