VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mst / Ptsd Question

Rate this question

Cm Burns

Question

I was a victum of SExual harrasement several times while on active duty in the military. Once i basic, and 2 times while stationed in Ga. One resulted in my daughter. At the time I just took it and didnt really have a reaction good or bad. I was 18 and just manipulated. Never reported it. I am not getting treatment for the mst/ptsd because what I didnt realize my life and the way it has turned out was affected because of it. its all documented by my therapist. I am on anti anxiety med also due to my horrible distrust of people around me and in social situations. I have filed a claim for and depression and ptsd are on there. Here is the questions. Is it possible I will get awarded when at the time I did not realize the severity of the situation and that i was being manipulated and used adn allowed 2 of the 3 men to basically ruin my life. My trust, my self esteem I mean everything. My dr says I have been in depression since then and has it well documented in my va records. I have to see a phyciatrist. and phycologist on a weekly basis now. I just thougt I was ment to have bad things happen to me and my life was goinig to be horrible and full of hurt and pain. I never realized until my diagnosis that all that was happending was not just my tragedy and a result of depressoin that I had for over 10 years. Will this affect my being awarded you think. because there was sex will I not be awarded. I mean please give me your input. i hate thinking about it but i mean its all I think about lately because we are discussig these things in therapy weekly. My head is juts all messed up and most times I cannot function. I have no jon and am even homeless right now. I am at rock bottom. As stated I did not report it then though I kneww it was wrong. I just wanted thing to be ok and to be left along trying to make it. Now I see that I was just young and I guess not smart.

please give me any input you can offer.

thnx

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

Do your service medical records document medical treatment for a mental health condition? ~Wings

First thing you need to do is get off the street. Get in contact with your closest homeless veteran coordinator:

http://www1.va.gov/homeless/docs/HCHV_Sites_ByState.pdf

Once you get a roof over your head, and an address, send off for a copy for your military medical records and/or treatment records.

https://vetrecs.archives.gov/VeteranRequest/home.asp

Once you get into the HCHV program they can also help you get any needed VA medical/mental heath care that you may need.

Keep your chin up and don't let 'em get you down.

God bless,

Quibley

I am currently in a program call VASH with the va and I am working on getting a place. I am currently being treated for PTSD and depression. Also my other issues. I only recently filed the claim for it. How does being treated currently affect your filing of the claim.

O ok my ptsd psycologist told me I have definte signgs for it and we will start threatment next week. she was tryingt to wait til i get in a house. They have me on lorazopan but to me its not helping. I have more anxiety attacks now then before i started taking it.