VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mst / Ptsd Question

Rate this question

Cm Burns

Question

I was a victum of SExual harrasement several times while on active duty in the military. Once i basic, and 2 times while stationed in Ga. One resulted in my daughter. At the time I just took it and didnt really have a reaction good or bad. I was 18 and just manipulated. Never reported it. I am not getting treatment for the mst/ptsd because what I didnt realize my life and the way it has turned out was affected because of it. its all documented by my therapist. I am on anti anxiety med also due to my horrible distrust of people around me and in social situations. I have filed a claim for and depression and ptsd are on there. Here is the questions. Is it possible I will get awarded when at the time I did not realize the severity of the situation and that i was being manipulated and used adn allowed 2 of the 3 men to basically ruin my life. My trust, my self esteem I mean everything. My dr says I have been in depression since then and has it well documented in my va records. I have to see a phyciatrist. and phycologist on a weekly basis now. I just thougt I was ment to have bad things happen to me and my life was goinig to be horrible and full of hurt and pain. I never realized until my diagnosis that all that was happending was not just my tragedy and a result of depressoin that I had for over 10 years. Will this affect my being awarded you think. because there was sex will I not be awarded. I mean please give me your input. i hate thinking about it but i mean its all I think about lately because we are discussig these things in therapy weekly. My head is juts all messed up and most times I cannot function. I have no jon and am even homeless right now. I am at rock bottom. As stated I did not report it then though I kneww it was wrong. I just wanted thing to be ok and to be left along trying to make it. Now I see that I was just young and I guess not smart.

please give me any input you can offer.

thnx

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Do you think that even without my records its possible to get a rating. I am being seen weekly for ptsd and next week I start seeint a phyciatrist. I am on meds but i dont think they work. I will have to try something else.

• HadIt.com Elder
Do you think that even without my records its possible to get a rating. I am being seen weekly for ptsd and next week I start seeint a phyciatrist. I am on meds but i dont think they work. I will have to try something else.

x

x

x

Are you getting any help with your VA Claim(s), for Depression and/or PTSD from a Veteran Service Officer? How will you recieve your corespondence/mail from the VA Regional Office? Do you have a Post Office Box? Are you a woman veteran? If so, there should be a Woman Veteran's Coordinator at the local VAMC to help answer some of your questions.

You most certainly are going to need some kind of evidence of an in-service injury or incident. There may be documents in your service medical records, or personnel records, that clearly suggest a precipitating event like sexual trauma or harassment. Even if you did not report the incident to military authorities, you may have told a close friend or relative; you may have written in a journal; you may have gone to the military medical clinic for treatment or testing, etc. Have you ever requested a copy of your service medical record? What years/dates did you service? I'm asking questions, but only to help. ~Wings

I am not getting help and get all my docs to my po box. I am a female vet. As for info I never reported it but I did get an std from one of them and have a daughter by my ncoic which was one of the guys who harassed me. He is 14 and I am looking at her as we speak. Do I need to put that in my pstd explanation.

also my friend was aware of it the relationship as well as eventuallly other people started to know. I was yound and didnt know what hte hell I was doing. I was not aware at the time he was married and had another child. Its was a mess. I had 3 different incidents but that is one of them

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

Did you serve peacetime, or during a period of war?

Have you requested a copy of your service medical and personnel records?

Have you filed for social security income?

Do you have a Caseworker?

~Wings

Edited by Wings