VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Preparing For The Worst

Rate this question

Angelo Hurtado

Question

I am currently 80% rated and have a claim that is "being finalized" as per the 1800 number..it came out of rating feb 10th. it was a claim for ptsd, a request for increase and IU... ive been out of service for a year and some change..im expecting a denial on the claim (dont know why, just the way i am) so im wonder what would be the best route to combat this? all recommendations are greatly appreciated

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Angelo,

Sounds like the old anxiety is kicking in.

Believe me, I did the same thing, and it must be pretty normal for us.

I was sure that I would not receive my benefits and I posted the same

question to the board every week.

All of the worrying was for nothing. I could have used my energy for something better.

Wait and fight the battle when you are sure there is one to fight.

I had all these ideals in my head.

As you can see by my name, I was worrying about nothing.

The best to you,

Betty

I have thought about this post since reading it this morning, because it is an injustice that we "awfulize" our chances at benefits that should be given automatically provided we meet the criteria for receiving those benefits.

I notice that those of us seeking Social Security benefits do the same "awfulizing".

All I can say is that I ask lots of questions, check and double-check to see that all of the T's are crossed and the I's are dotted, and then have someone else check them too.

After I do all of the above, to reassure myself everything has possibly been done, I then convince myself that I have missed something somewhere! An example is that the ALJ I am going to be going in front of has a 75% denial rate for the past year, so I figure my chances of getting denied are 75%, even though I meet all the requirements and criteria for being awarded SSDI.

We should not have to go through this , but no one said life was fair.

yes, its very frustrating...even with my ssdi claim i was refused pretty much because im 25. i took it to a lawyer and he had me signed a paper to represent me for an ALJ...which led me to believe that it was gonna be denied again...which sucks