VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ativan

Rate this topic

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JEFF,

Grey Rebel Golf on the move

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Not sure how many of us do this but:

Radio Check

Night Hawk, Night Hawk

If all secure, give me two.

Ya know what, this new med is kicking in already. B)

I also was on activan for over two years, one white pill three times a day as needed. work fine, in seconds I could feel the trigger easing off. Now Com's this new Dr. and change me to clonazepam same 1 Mg. one three times a day as needed. Dr. rational that Activan was top of the line, so were could we go from there. I don't like the new drug, it stays longer in my system OK. good. But, as an attack kicks in it is not like activan. Just thinking out loud, could it be about money that the switch was made?

Edited by maset22

• HadIt.com Elder

Ativan and Xanax are highly addictive but top of line for treating panic disorder and panic attacks. Although most Shrinks and VA Docs know that they work better for people who have anxiety disorders the new ones all want to get us off of them. Clonozapam or klonopin are slower release and longer lived meds.

A couple of years ago my Doc switched me and I agreed to try it but after 2 months we went back to xanax.I say we cause he listened to me after I complained.

Pete, you are so on target, switch me back. Even thou the Clonazepham works, I find myself not so much in compliance, meaning taking one more too get relieve from the anxiety attack. I feel so helpless with this new Dr. He talks a good game, give me the time of day, but at the end of the session, I still go home with Clonazepham and Cymbalta 60 mg. What can I do? I don't need it for an addiction, or getting high, nothing further from my mind. What can I do. Oh! by the way, I also pull guard duty at regular intervals on my lock doors. My windows have to be open for light to come in. I just can't be in darkness. What could be my response to get back on activan to get back in control some.

• 1 month later...

On the perimeter check, my two beasties follow me....... I am not sure they are helping me, but I figure they may be of great help... they never back talk me....

What do you mean "beasties"