VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Filed My Nod. Va Ro Received It Feb 5th. I Got A Letter Today?

Rate this question

Usmc7319105

Question

I filed a NOD for an increase in rating for seizures and because I thought I was no longer rated for tinnitus 10%. The reason I thought I was no longer rated was because it did not show up on my last rating decision. I received a letter (2/22/2010) today saying We are not accepting your NOD on tinnitus for the following reasons. You have continuously been service nconnected for tinnitus at the 10% effective May 1, 2005 and have not filed an increase on this issue. That is correct and I didn't file for an increase. I just thought I was not rated for this anymore because it didn't show up on my last rating decision. I'm currently rated 30% MIgraines, 20% Seizure disorder, 10% Tinnitus for a total of 50% disability. My NOD was simple and to the point. I had a simple letter disputing two items and included all the civilian neurologists medical documents for my seizure disorder. I figured this may speed up the process if the DRO doesnt have to do any leg work.

Did I receive this letter quickly or is this standard to review a claim that quickly? I'm assuming they open the letter and scan it for any errors or something. I was not expecting to hear anything for several months.

Lasi Friday (2/19/2010) I received the standard letter saying they received my application for benefits. However we have a great number of claims and yours may be delayed. Then on Monday I get a letter with proof that someone looked at my claim......seems strange.

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet