VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd - - - Percentage & Recieved

Rate this question

ReconRon

Question

HELLO !

If you have a CAR and was a medic with PTSD and Bi Ploar disorder

and if you seeking on going PTSD classes and help what is the normal

you will be rated for. 50% , 70% if you have the CAR ? ?

I have 2 doctors PSY GAF scores near the same VA Doctor says 39 over the

months and outside privte psycharitrist say 38 to 42 on the GAF score, both

the same and both with Bi polar, any body have a guess about what % ? ?

Last

I have servere Tinnitus right ear, and very very bad Degenerative Disc

Disease in my Cervic C-spine C-1 thru C-7 with Moderate Severe Root Damage

to the spine, can anybody give me and ideas about the rating I should get from this.

I cant work and havenet for the last 4 years, homeless and 60 years old, no nothing

Am I guessing about

PTSD 70 % with a secondary, Bi Polar Disorder

Tinnitus 10%

DDD 30%

Total 90%

If I cant work and get an 70% can I try for IU at 70% to get 100% total

Disability since i can work, i also waiting SSI and SSDI in future but not together.....

Could this be so so correct I have a CAR and was a medic in the

service so have good stressors

I have 10% Malaria now SC

Thanks for all that reply

• Answers 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

First off congratulations...

You had a CAR and you were a "medic" fantastic.....

I ask a question Many Actual RVN Marines would ask. Your profile shows that you were a Marine, well S/F buddy.

You have a CAR great, me too. The guys that provided medical aide to Marines are legendary the very best

and they are a special breed. Marines will die to protect their medical people from being harmed, I've seen it.

I however, and I suspect the rest of the RVN Marines or even the Marines of today might be confused...., ( I could be wrong, things, do change)

I never heard of the medical people that tend to Marines calling them selves "medics" or claim to have been in the U S Marine Corps,.

Now I may be wrong..... maybe it is day when it is night, but I never knew the Marines had "medics"

The US Navy provides Medical people and strange as it sounds all, both the US Navy and the US Marines, refer to these

people as " Corpsman" these navy guys are attached to rifle companies and are very proud to be Navy Field

Corpsman.

Please explain....... I await your explanation.. I await to say how confused I am and do not understand.

your buddy,

S/F

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

HELLO !

If you have a CAR and was a medic with PTSD and Bi Ploar disorder

and if you seeking on going PTSD classes and help what is the normal

you will be rated for. 50% , 70% if you have the CAR ? ?

I have 2 doctors PSY GAF scores near the same VA Doctor says 39 over the

months and outside privte psycharitrist say 38 to 42 on the GAF score, both

the same and both with Bi polar, any body have a guess about what % ? ?

Last

I have servere Tinnitus right ear, and very very bad Degenerative Disc

Disease in my Cervic C-spine C-1 thru C-7 with Moderate Severe Root Damage

to the spine, can anybody give me and ideas about the rating I should get from this.

I cant work and havenet for the last 4 years, homeless and 60 years old, no nothing

Am I guessing about

PTSD 70 % with a secondary, Bi Polar Disorder

Tinnitus 10%

DDD 30%

Total 90%

If I cant work and get an 70% can I try for IU at 70% to get 100% total

Disability since i can work, i also waiting SSI and SSDI in future but not together.....

Could this be so so correct I have a CAR and was a medic in the

service so have good stressors

I have 10% Malaria now SC

Thanks for all that reply

I think everyone ought to use the functionto read " Reconron" posts

I suggest Marines pay attention to the posts

I too have a question-

my husband was USMC Vietnam 1965-1966- combat-

USMC didnt award the CAR for many years.When did you receive this award?

My husband was 100 % P & T for PTSD.

The CAR or lack of it on his DD 214 (as the USMC didnt have this badge/ribbon when he served) had absolutely nothing to do with his PTSD SC rating.

The fact that he had multiple verified combat stressors had nothing to do with his 100% award.

His GAf was 34 and then 26.That really had nothing to do with his award.

TDIU or 100% is awarded solely due to medical evidence that your PTSD has rendered you unemployable due to SC PTSD and/or any other SC disabilities.

Berta, 1967 the Corps got the CAR.... or atleast what I remember, but I looked it up

seems still.... I am right, but...... according to this I am not, my role is always being wrong...

must be that PTSD thingy... me thinks I will look at my SRB the awards page and see which command added the award.

The Combat Action Ribbon (CAR) is a personal military decoration of the United States Navy and United States Marine Corps which is awarded to those who, in any grade including and below that of a Captain in the Navy (or Colonel in the Marine Corps), have actively participated in ground or surface combat. The Combat Action Ribbon is also awarded to members of the United States Coast Guard when operating under the control of the Navy.

The Combat Action Ribbon was first created in February 1969 with SECNAVNOTE 1650[1] with retroactive presentation to March 01, 1961. However on October 5, 1999, by Presidential Order of Bill Clinton and under Public Law 106-65, the retroactive effective date of the Combat Action Ribbon was changed to December 07, 1941 which was the entry date of the United States of America into the Second World War.

To be awarded the Combat Action Ribbon, the individual must have rendered satisfactory performance under enemy fire while actively participating in a ground or surface engagement.

I too have a question-

The CAR or lack of it on his DD 214 (as the USMC didnt have this badge/ribbon when he served) had absolutely nothing to do with his PTSD SC rating.

The fact that he had multiple verified combat stressors had nothing to do with his 100% award.

TDIU or 100% is awarded solely due to medical evidence that your PTSD has rendered you unemployable due to SC PTSD and/or any other SC disabilities.

Edited by vperl

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta - you can apply to have that CAR award added to his records and get an updated dd215. They will also re-issue his awards, a 2nd time, free of charge, if requested. I received mine a few months ago.

pr

I too have a question-

• HadIt.com Elder

I received the following PM from ReconRon: "I started this threat, how did my name get after everybody else, when it was my orgianl who started it...

I can go to berta and ask why this happened and why my name at the end of the list when i was the once starting it not you ? ? ?

I want this to check the orginal time and date of this from reconron

thank you"

Could someone please explain this to him, if you understand what he's asking, cuz I don't. Thanks,

pr