VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Granted Tdiu

Rate this question

desertstormvet

Question

hello, I know I'm new here but I just wanted to let everyone know I was granted TDIU. I got the big brown envelope last Friday. I put in my TDIU claim last June after i was approved for social security. man, this took 8 long months. The VA moves so slow.

It says I have chapter 35 benefits. What is this and does this mean anything?

the letter also says I have "no future exams." Is this good?

What other benefits do I have and how much will I get every month with TDIU?

should I appeal for higher rating?

thanks

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Wall I just wanta get evneone up on what's happening with me. I invested half of my retro in a mutual fund and the rest I paid off bills. I was goin to go out and buy a car but shiot mine runs jsut fine and it's paid for.

anyway thanks for all the suggetsions and advise. greaat site.

i'm pretty knowlegible on all this so im hear to help too. Been thruogh it and succeed in recoard time.

I v learned that ya gotto have all your uducks in a row befor you file. get that durty work done

a shoutout ot Vper and cowgirl n evne carly...vperl i notised you have vast expereince ffrom reading your post. you can fhelp me anytime with your expertise. tks

Wall I just wanta get evneone up on what's happening with me. I invested half of my retro in a mutual fund and the rest I paid off bills. I was goin to go out and buy a car but shiot mine runs jsut fine and it's paid for.

anyway thanks for all the suggetsions and advise. greaat site.

i'm pretty knowlegible on all this so im hear to help too. Been thruogh it and succeed in recoard time.

I v learned that ya gotto have all your uducks in a row befor you file. get that durty work done

a shoutout ot Vper and cowgirl n evne carly...vperl i notised you have vast expereince ffrom reading your post. you can fhelp me anytime with your expertise. tks

plenty of people here that actually know 10,000% more than me, I just read the posts, goto the CFR's, try to find out my stuff and accidental stumble across other stuff... with the help of people that are experts....

• HadIt.com Elder

Aw, blushin' here, just thankful you are provided for. Got to tell you, I am experiencing some 'adjustments' to having tdiu, first I was shocked, depressed - who knows why? The relief for the family has been so good, I'm calm knowing they're provided for. So now my counselor is advising me to 'get busy' doing routinely good things for my newest job - me! :0)

Wishin you everything you need and deserve,

Cg

Edited by cowgirl

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats...

TDIU-P & T, takes some adjustment, but now it's be good to yourself & take good care of yourself time. Been working on that for 8 years & still have lot to learn.

Good Luck,

Don

• HadIt.com Elder
If I adopted a child would they qualify for all these?

Certainly!

Congrats for your award. 8 mths you must have found a good honest rater. Many here have worked for years and years and are still waiting. The rater is the biggest obsticle, the evidence can all be there but the interpertation that one choses is what counts. Many of us have waited and continue to wait. I am happy you didn't have to suffer through all of the games VARO's enjoy playing with denials, NOD's, denials, BVA, etc.

Enjoy and leave your funds in the investment accounts. Good luck working on your sobriety and adoption too.