VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lyrica

Rate this topic

Any one have good results with lyrica? I am currently suffering (among other things) from possible permanant sciatic nerve damage and my neuro wanted my to try this. He also knows that I am on lexapro and clonazapam. I am slightly concerned about the interactions with these meds...suicidal thoughts aggression etc. Any one out there in hadit land taking lyrica with antidepressants?

All responses welcome!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Vietnam Tanker

I take Lyrica as wellas zoloft, Zanax, and several other drugs, the VA has me on 29 prescribed drugs at the same time. The only problem I have with Lyrica is a short term momory loss.

Thanks for the quick response. It's just scary reading the damn warning sections and interactions. Does the lyrica work or is it for maintenance of an issue (fibromyly something or diabetes neuropathy)?

Guest Vietnam Tanker

The drug works 2 ways for me, 1.Perphial Neuropathy, it releves the pain in my legs and arms, to it is used for a nervous mental condition and worksa as wll as the Zanex that I get for PTSD.

• HadIt.com Elder

Lyrica is the same type of drug as neurontin. It is an anti-convulsant which is used for many other things including chronic pain. The only thing I don't like about it is that it may slow you down even more than the klonopin. You may have weight gain. I think it is pretty harmless as opposed to many other drugs. It has to build up in your system. I am already slowed down by pain meds and anti-anxiety drugs. If I get any slower I will just stop. All the drugs you take interact with all the rest. No one has really studied all the possible interaction combinations over a long period. We are the lab rats in these human experiments.