VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lyrica

Rate this topic

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

All meds have side effects if not ok in 2 or 3 weeks maybe gabapentin would work better, Habapentyin is older generation and it works pretty good for me. I could not do without it.

Neurologist called me today. Took me off the Lyrica, told me to take benadryl for the rash and call him or the ER immediately if anything gets worse.

Gabapentin was the first drug they tried me on for headaches and neuralgic pain. That made me so stupid people thought I was losing it. I could barely talk, I walked into walls and could barely comprehend what people were talking about. Not to mention that it made me so sleepy that I was pissing myself in my sleep because I was so knocked out. Went to Cymbalta after that and almost killed myself, then topimirate which caused so many side effects that I thought I was going to die and now the Lyrica. Verapamil is next.

I've heard a lot of good about Lyrica. Unfortunately my body just can't tolerate it.

• 1 month later...

Been taking Lyrica for nerve pain in my legs for a couple of years now For me it's been the best drug of it's class with fewer side effects.

I've managed to lose 50 lbs while taking it too.

Just got started on head meds a month or so ago. Will have to see how that works.

Also changed pain meds a couple of days ago. The Tramadol was giving me a lovely rash. So now I'm on Vicodin.

Neurologist called me today. Took me off the Lyrica, told me to take benadryl for the rash and call him or the ER immediately if anything gets worse.

Gabapentin was the first drug they tried me on for headaches and neuralgic pain. That made me so stupid people thought I was losing it. I could barely talk, I walked into walls and could barely comprehend what people were talking about. Not to mention that it made me so sleepy that I was pissing myself in my sleep because I was so knocked out. Went to Cymbalta after that and almost killed myself, then topimirate which caused so many side effects that I thought I was going to die and now the Lyrica. Verapamil is next.

I've heard a lot of good about Lyrica. Unfortunately my body just can't tolerate it.

Sleeper692,

Well, it looks like we had a mirrored life. That Gabapentin is a bad drug, I could hardly function. After 6 months in la-la land they took me off that.

They started me on Lyrica and that help the pain in the legs, but they add Cymbalta.

It was like going into a tail spin, and depression, crying all the time, bowel problems.

Took me off Cymbalta, still on Lyrica and hanging in therewacko.png