VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Awaiting Rating Decision

Rate this question

Fire Courage

Question

I went to the RO today to get a claim update for my PTSD and right knee increase. The lady turned the screen around to me so I could see and the huge words "Awaiting Rating Decision" jumped out at me. I haven't even had a C&P for my claim of PTSD yet.

I guess they don't need one. I do have a PTSD diagnosis and I signed a release for them to get my Vet Center notes.

I think I may have to NOD a low-ball rating. We'll see. :)

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

:angry::angry::angry: :) <_<

Instead of starting a new topic I figured I ask my questions here 'cause they pertain to PTSD and C&P Exams. First off I have to say I started filing claims in 1973 but never followed through because of not wanting to relive experiences and not being able to comprehend what was going on with me or what to do about it. VA service officer was a complete xxxxxxx. In the mid-ninties a new VASO came to my home town and was helping me put things together....filed claims for Stomach Problems, PTSD, and other asscoiated problems. Came to the part where I had to do stressors and I flipped out and said no way. Claims were denied. My thoughts...SCREW"EM ALL. Now at age 60 and with many years of nightmares and sleepless nights, I have reopend claims and have even did stressor letters, probably one of the hardest things I have had to do since NAM. Been going to PTSD counselor, psychiatrist, and PTSD Group. Received my requested C&P Exam records yesterday and got thourghly PISSED. Jerk Examiner had me in there for 15 minutes, didn't ask anything about stressors or anything related to my claims. Put in records 'No PTSD but gaf 70 for Anxiety Disorder". WTF???? Knee got smashed in Nam.....Report...NOT SC!!! Major hearing problems from gunfire and explosions...Report....NOT SC!!!! I actually started to cry and become very upset after reading the BS report. Sounded as if they were calling me a liar. Now I'm unemployable because of pain and pain meds but that doesn't matter to them. Haven't had any income since June 2008 and living in a tent on a friends property. Yea government. F**K'EM ALL!!!!!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Sorry that happened to you for your Service you should have been treated much better.

You are going to have to fight for your claim. A bad C&P is very hard to overcome but I think the best way is to ask for a Hearing from the VARO and face to face explain your situation. If you get a fair hearing you should at least get another C&P. Did you just see one Doc cause you should have seen a Mental Health and another Doc.

Good Luck

PS Since you are living in a tent you ought to look into help from VA for being homeless