VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Ptsd File Sent For Va Dr. Medical Opinion

Rate this question

IraqVet

Question

I have had a claim in for PTSD since 2004 when I returned from Iraq. It has been denied twice the first time for them saying there was no proof I was in Iraq.....lol. That was later prooved.

The second time they needed to VERIFY my stressors,

Finally here I am six yrs later still fighting. This is what I found out when I called them yesterday. They have VERIFIED my stressor OCCURED and the person whom was killed, at camp Pa but sate that I was at camp New York when it occured not understanding that the tent cities were in close proximity to eachother and I was a hummve driver and that I was in fact there.

I have two diagnosis of PTSD

Three stressor lettors

Admitted to Phych ward for Suicide Attempt

Signed letter from battle buddy stating stressors occured.

Letters from wife about my PTSD

Lengthy VA file of PTSD problems with gaf refrences 35-40

Pictures of my Hummve with bulletholes in it with my name and rank clearly on the window

The Person on the phone told me that as of today that they are in fact working my case and just drafted a letter to get a "MEDICAL" opinion from a VA medical doctor to look at my file to see if I have PTSD.

So my question to you all at this point is do you all think after all this time and the above evidence do you think this is a good thing that they are getting a VA doctor to give them a medical opinion as to if I have PTSD. I dont think I can take another denial.

David

HHC 1-502 Strike Infantry 101st Airborne "Air Assault"

Iraq 2003-2004

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

well hell, how in the hell would you know that particular soldier died if you weren't there. Soldiers are routinely in accidents all over the world so I don't see their argument on this at all. Did you relay all this information below to them explaining the circumstances. Seems like you have already proven them wrong twice so why in the heck would they not believe you now. Bull shit is all i got to say.

shame on them making you go through all this but in the end it will be worth it. Hang in there.

I have had a claim in for PTSD since 2004 when I returned from Iraq. It has been denied twice the first time for them saying there was no proof I was in Iraq.....lol. That was later prooved.

The second time they needed to VERIFY my stressors,

Finally here I am six yrs later still fighting. This is what I found out when I called them yesterday. They have VERIFIED my stressor OCCURED and the person whom was killed, at camp Pa but sate that I was at camp New York when it occured not understanding that the tent cities were in close proximity to eachother and I was a hummve driver and that I was in fact there.

I have two diagnosis of PTSD

Three stressor lettors

Admitted to Phych ward for Suicide Attempt

Signed letter from battle buddy stating stressors occured.

Letters from wife about my PTSD

Lengthy VA file of PTSD problems with gaf refrences 35-40

Pictures of my Hummve with bulletholes in it with my name and rank clearly on the window

The Person on the phone told me that as of today that they are in fact working my case and just drafted a letter to get a "MEDICAL" opinion from a VA medical doctor to look at my file to see if I have PTSD.

So my question to you all at this point is do you all think after all this time and the above evidence do you think this is a good thing that they are getting a VA doctor to give them a medical opinion as to if I have PTSD. I dont think I can take another denial.

David

HHC 1-502 Strike Infantry 101st Airborne "Air Assault"

Iraq 2003-2004

Hang in there and be shure to give them everything that pertains to this. sometimes you have to wright a letter explaining everything in a time frame and take them by there hand and lead them step by step. do not give up on getting what you deserve.

well hell, how in the hell would you know that particular soldier died if you weren't there.

desertstormvet,

I'm not in Iraq and everyday the internet and CNN let us know

about military members that have died to include the when, where's

and why's.

jmho,

carlie