VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Increased My Meds Now I Have Hard Time Getting Around

Rate this topic

Hello any of you guys (chronic pain types) ever had trouble with Morphine and not being able to drive? I got increased to 3 30mg a day and now the stuff has been in my system for like 3 months driving now is a choice hurt now wait till I am in for the day or night or take a chance and really hurt myself or others. I use my head but now I cannot be relied on to go get this or pick the kids up at school so with that choice alone I gladly hurt till I get home with the kids. I am just burnt out as my Doc must belive this stuff is the answer to everything. Morphine is good for some people but I am about tired of this stuff. I am scheduled for Surgery in May for my back so maybe I can step down a dose I hope after they do the back. Any ideas or thoughts please let me know. I have found for me what helps with my back is the hot tub but not owning one myself am at the mercy of others. Adios and have a good day.....

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello any of you guys (chronic pain types) ever had trouble with Morphine and not being able to drive? I got increased to 3 30mg a day and now the stuff has been in my system for like 3 months driving now is a choice hurt now wait till I am in for the day or night or take a chance and really hurt myself or others. I use my head but now I cannot be relied on to go get this or pick the kids up at school so with that choice alone I gladly hurt till I get home with the kids. I am just burnt out as my Doc must belive this stuff is the answer to everything. Morphine is good for some people but I am about tired of this stuff. I am scheduled for Surgery in May for my back so maybe I can step down a dose I hope after they do the back. Any ideas or thoughts please let me know. I have found for me what helps with my back is the hot tub but not owning one myself am at the mercy of others. Adios and have a good day.....

Oldman,

I'm sorry that your having this trouble, I know what your going through. I currently take 45mg 3 times daily and fortunately have no cognitive side effects. Have you tried other narcotics that are not as strong as morphine. What about anti-inflamatories, muscle relaxers, TENS unit. Being in constant pain is not healthy, maybe one of these suggestions is an option. Or, maybe you could try a lower dose of the morphine in order to function and then the higher dose when your home for the night.

Good luck, hope this helps,

Bergie

Oldman,

I'm sorry that your having this trouble, I know what your going through. I currently take 45mg 3 times daily and fortunately have no cognitive side effects. Have you tried other narcotics that are not as strong as morphine. What about anti-inflamatories, muscle relaxers, TENS unit. Being in constant pain is not healthy, maybe one of these suggestions is an option. Or, maybe you could try a lower dose of the morphine in order to function and then the higher dose when your home for the night.

Good luck, hope this helps,

Bergie

I have one of the implanted tens unit in my back to help with the nerve pain. I was up late last night with my back so maybe I was just frustrated. Only people with chronic pain understand what another person with pain is going through. My Doctor is of the same thinking that the VA is doing, they are slowly switching many Vets I know from hydrocodone over to morphine if the can handle it. I think it is the VA way to help curb the sale of prescription drugs that flow out onto the street. Thanks for the suggestions.

morphinee is very addictive too. be careful and expect to feel lake shiot when you weed off.

• HadIt.com Elder

Usually when they increase you go through a short adjustment period. However please talk to your Doc about this. No one wants to be a walking zombie