VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Traumatic Artheritis Need Help With Claim

Rate this question

oldman273

Question

I am in need of any advice on traumatic artheritis in my entire back which I am SC for due to injuries that occured during service 20 plus years ago. I had a MRI that showed my whole back is eat up with artheritis and I did not need an MRI to tell me that but I did the blood test Doctors evaluated the back and MRI and called it traumatic artheritis. In the VA C/P examainers opinion he stated the Artheritis was not service connected of course I was in a jeep wreck during service hurt my back during same time frame backs been nothing but trouble. I started out with a back strain/ Jeep wreck herinated L5 S1 now they are replacing the very four disc from the sacrum up and putting in rods and screws and fusion in May. What do I do to get a Doctor to say that as the progression of the deteriation of my back from then to now is the direct result of my SC back? I am scheduled for surgery but for the last 4 years my back has really been steping out on me. Any thoughts let me know I am sure some of you may have the answer I need just not sure how explain it to them that makes sense.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

I was service connected for gun shot wounds in 1968. I showed up at the VA clinic in 2007 with arthritis in my knees, hip and back. Had a decent doctor that explained to me that my abnormal gait for the last 40 years had thrown my joints out. With his help I was able to service connect those issues as secondary. All it took was a letter from him and quite a bit of waiting.