VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can I Get Smc

Rate this topic

True Story..

My Primary Transportation are fore arm crutches and secondary is a wheelchair, I got the wheelchair a couple weeks ago when a nurse at the clinic followed me out. Every step I take looks like I am about to bust my ass..So she tells me Hey! do you want me to check to see if we could provide you a wheelchair? I said sure. Half hour later I am rolling out in style. She also put in a consult for a electric chair.

Yesterday I went to that...

Doc says...with my injury I should ALWAYS been primary transportation Wheelchair and crutches secondary....

I qualify for home modification including a wheelchair ramp

I qualify for vehicle modification(hand controls for brake and gas)

I COULD have gotten a custom wheelchair built just for me BUT they gave me the off shelf chair a few weeks ago so I have to wait a "undefined" period of time unitl they can "Justify" the cost....

I do NOT qualify for the electric chair because I can push the other myself for 200 yards...Never mind that pushing the chair and walking on crutches pushes into the TWO surgical sites...Never Mind that I have a Gravel Drive way....Never Mind I can not take my kids to the Park!....Never MIND I have to keep outings short because I get tired of pushing myself or it hurts...

I can push the chair 200 yards on a flat smooth surface DENIED!!

Someone needs to send Christopher Columbus to the VA and explain the Earth is NOT FLAT!!!

When I complained about not getting the electric I was told I Needed to Accept my Limitations! Blankity Blank Blank and the HORSE YOU RODE IN ON!!!

I don't expect to return to work and was told the spinal cord damage is permanent as a added BONUS I will continue to loose muscle from the waist down. I still feel everything so it even hurts to sit due to the muscle loss the bones in my hips and butt only have layer of skin over them...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

You are not supposed to but today I am pretty sure you could if you did not tell.

I was wondering; can you have a recorder in the C&P exam?? I mean why not???

ranger11bv,

Claimants have no right to record a C&P examination

or have an attorney present.

This has been questioned several times and I always responded we

have no legal right to record a VA examination.

carlie

http://www.warms.vba.va.gov/admin21/m21_1/...3/ch03_seca.doc

Section A. Examination Requests

f. Veteran's Legal Rights

A veteran has no legal right to

· be accompanied by counsel during an examination, or

· record an examination.

• HadIt.com Elder
I was wondering; can you have a recorder in the C&P exam?? I mean why not???

I tried that once in my younger days, and can appreciate why one would want too.

No cameras allowed either.

Edited by Commander Bob