VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Back Ache Pain

Rate this topic

I'm not sure what they did but I knew that I didn't want any more. I can only walk or stand for about 10 to 15 minutes and I have to sit down as my feet, knees and back hurts so much. Then after I rest again it doesn't take as long to start hurting again. They really don't stop hurting but settles down and off for the house I go and go to bed and rest and after getting up they are still hurting.

I can't sit, stand or walk for very long at a time. I am S/C for pes cavus (High Arches) 10% and 20% for low back strain with an appeal in for increase. Only been since 1992. At first 10% for feet and denial for low back strain. Appealed for back and finally 10% for back strain. Appealed again and got another 10% increase for 6 years back pay. Appealed again and now waiting for decision.Appeal went to BVA and remanded back to RO and right back to BVA and they sent it to Cleveland O for quick action in Jan. 05 and that is all that I can find out except that one person said that the screen said that he c-file is schedule to be sent back to Indpls. in Aug. Also was informed that my reopen claim for Allergic Rhinitis and Allergic Conjuntivis were approved and the person was wondering why I hadn't been notified. I call local office RO and I as the lady if she could tell if my rhinitis and conjuntivis were approved or not and she told me that it looked that way...My question is if it has been approve why haven't I been notified unless they are holding until my back claim is approved. Anyway if is really frustrating.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OhioDonn, let me throw a few at you. 1) like someone else said find a massage therapist, and not one that gives happy endings. I saw one for a few years and she helped me a whole lot. It hurt while doing it, but usually helped for a couple weeks after that. 2) If they prescribed Motrin, for one try Aleive? I used to find that helped ok. Now my stuff has gotten so bad, that I have moved from Naproxen, then to Vicodin, and now onto Vicodin as a several times a day, and Methadone a few more. Nothing like having to sign for your medication at the post office. hell with the Methadone they send it FedEx to my house, and I have to send it.

As for the upset stomach, better get used to it, these other drugs they will put you on for pain, will do far more than just Motrin. Good luck. I had no luck with the shots personally. Last Dr. told me he didn't want to operate, suggested I live with the pain til i couldn't walk or stand it anymore. I took his advice and just lay around. I fear the fusion.