VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

No Idea What Is Going On

Rate this question

saturneptune

Question

Hello everyone. I am pretty new to this, and some of the actions of the VA make no sense to me with the C and P exams. I have a 10% rating for hypertension. To make a long story short, I was rushed into surgery Jan 12th for a six way bypass operation. That was after an abnormal stess test and heart cath. Anyway, I filed for an increased percentage. After the operation, I received a notice from the VA for an exam Jan 26, some two weeks after the operation. The day before the exam, I get a call from the VA that the appointment had been cancelled. The toll free customer service number says the claim is still being considered, and they have no idea why it was cancelled. The hospital says it means my claim will be rated no higher than what I have now. Does anyone have any experience with this? Can they settle the claim with no exam, or is it probably going to be denied, or will they schedule it later?

I have no idea what my chances are. The diagnosis says the typical things, coronary artery disease, ischemic heart disease, coronary stenosis, hypothyroidism, hypertension, and hypertipdemia. One thing is the connection to the hypertension alreay service connected.

Any thoughts or comments are greatly appreciated, and it is good to be here among vets.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Have you tried an IRIS inquiry? It worked for me when my claim was stagnant and no one at the 800 number could tell me what was going on.

I thought that the VA might settle my CAD/heart bypass claim without C&P exams, but I was wrong. They put me through a battery of tests...even though I'd already had the same tests done by my own cardiologist and had submitted the evidence with my claim.

Hang in there. You are not alone.

Have you tried an IRIS inquiry? It worked for me when my claim was stagnant and no one at the 800 number could tell me what was going on.

I thought that the VA might settle my CAD/heart bypass claim without C&P exams, but I was wrong. They put me through a battery of tests...even though I'd already had the same tests done by my own cardiologist and had submitted the evidence with my claim.

Hang in there. You are not alone.

Thanks for the encouragement. I pass the three month mark April 12. I should apologize to you and others. I posted essentially the same post. I thought I was doing something wrong when they did not show up, but then Pete explained the delay time, so most of my posts are repetitive. Thanks for your reply.