VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Medical Records

Rate this question

Medic4849

Question

ok

the objective simply request a copy of all medical records including inpatient out patient and mental health treatments from a specific date to the present.

location.... local VAMC at medical records office.

once there i requested the action. she instantly sighed.... I said in a atitude I am sorry Iam i bothering you she just stared no but there going to have to mail them to you. i said fine i filled out the form

va-10-5345a and the Bia--@!#@#$tch snapped it from my hand and asked for ID......... this time I bit my tongue and di just what she asked but I gave her military ID, she said no your VA card.. I snapped with a fast response you said ID be specific then.

gave her the card va card she walks off shaking her head comes back states will be mailed out in few days....

fine. can i have a copy of my VA-10-5345a she does marks it copy this is where the plot thickens. I did not like the whole auro of my request so I resorted to my old fasion drill sgt days and requested a copy cert recipt she looks at me says its marked copy I stated yes I can make copies all day long to sign it please its proof i was here and i wont ask you for id since i see your id on you please make it legible MRS.XXXXXXXXX

she starts to get a little nervous at this point then states I never have had to do this i stated I never had to either but your atitude and presentation makes me question the integrity of this offices follow through on veterans request for there life line of records one that they placed you in charge of. and I walked out the door.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
Funny about 10 years ago I had an epiphany and decided no matter how angry or mad the VA made me I would not be sarcastic nor belittle but I would show appreciation and thank each person I dealt with at VA. I was amazed at how much better my life got and I have now included my dealings with all people that I deal with. I try to be as pleasant as I can and I won't argue. It does not mean that I am a doormat either as I will take a problem up the ladder if need be.

"Honey catches more flies than Vinegar"

Yup.

A couple or three years ago, when I was having trouble walking, I had to use a wheelchair. This old wheelchair that I had, it didn't roll too good and I had trouble handling it.

There was a fellow at the information desk that would see me coming and stop what he was doing and come meet me and push me wherever I needed to go (His name is Mr. Street, I believe), WHEREVER I NEEDED TO GO....................like completely through the new building, down the adjoining hallway, into the old building, up to the 2nd floor to my group meetings (Pete, you know what I'm talking about, up to my Copper Team meetings) then he'd come BACK when he knew that my meeting was over and get me! This is a busy man and I was overwhelmed with his kindness, until I got to taking inventory and was surprisingly pleased when I realized that EVERYONE of the dozen or so folks that I dealt with on a weekly basis were kind, caring, individuals.

I could not ask for any better treatment any where else and I've been cared for at some of Dallas's most expensive private hospitals.

My hat is off to my caregivers at the VAMC in Dallas. I just wish that I could somehow figure out a way that I could treat them as well as they treat me.

And, I'm sincere, and I mean it!

You know when you are on IRIS and you always select 'status', one day select 'compliment' and send one to your VARO. I bet you most people have never even seen this word there or if they did, paid it no mind. I used it a few times when I was trying to get sc and increases. One time a VA employee wrote back that it was the first time he ever saw compliment after the last 300 IRIS requests. The thing is that when I send the compliments, I really mean them. I think my VARO is great. I wonder if these compliments helped me to go from nothing to sc to 10 to 30 to 50% in just 2 1/2 years by doing only 3 reconsiderations. Try it, they'll like it.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use