VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Voc Rehab Pay

Rate this question

Joe01

Question

Hi all. I started voc rehab this past January. Got my first allowance check in mid feb for threehundred and some change. I have two dependents, my wife and a baby. I started school on Jan 19,2010. Why did I get paid only $3 hundred and some... I thougt I was going to get $800. Is that because I didn't attend the hole month because classes started on the 19th? I was thinking it was suposed to be a fix rate no matter what. Does that means the same thing s going to happen on spring break when I get a week of? Or at the end of the semmester when I only will attend about half of month? Can anyone help?

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Your first check was prorated for a partial month. Divide the date you started by 31 and use that per centage to check if you are in ball park

Good Luck

You are also entitled to have everything but lab fees paid and tutors if you need and also any equipment or tools that you need for success

Thanks guys for clearing my questions. I did the math and came out that they only pay me for the couple weeks I attended school in Jan. Just got my other check for the month of feb and it was he full/ correc amount. I still have something that's not clear, will this happen again in may when I only will go to school for a couple of weeks because is the end of the semester? Will I get just a partial amount of the allowance instead of the whole thing? And by the way I was Told by my counselor that I could get tutoring cover by Va voc rehab.

Pete53

Correct me if i'm wrong but being at 50%, joe gets all fees covered.. Joe also you need to get a letter from your voc rehab counselor (refferal letter) for a dentist to be assigned.. They will cover dental cleaning and any major work. Like pete said, your first month is pro rated and after that you will get the full ammount. In addition, I myself have been following these two bills to raise the allowance for voc rehab

H.R.297 Veteran Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Subsistence Allowance Improvement Act of...

S.514 Veterans Rehabilitation and Training Improvements Act of 2009

is a dentist an automatic entitlement or do I have to have something wrong with my theet to get a dentist.

And hey Forman, do u know what's the status of any of those bills you mention?

You have to have a dental emergency. I used to be in vocRehab and they would not do teeth cleaning but they took care of a tooth ache.